Talent Acquisition Manager
Teaching Personnel, the market leading education recruitment company in the UK, has an exciting opportunity for a Talent Acquisition Manager. The successful applicant will be responsible for the employee attraction, retention of existing staff and leading on employment branding initiatives, building excellent relationships with both candidates and internal customers. The successful applicant will join an established People Team and will work collaboratively with all members positively contributing to the wider company. Teaching Personnel are a nationwide business with over 80 branches spread across England and Wales. The role is based in our Head Office in Welwyn Garden City so the successful applicant would need to be within a commutable distance. There may also be the requirement to travel into our central London hub on occasion.
Due to government restrictions, all staff at Teaching Personnel are currently working from home but when restrictions are lifted, we will return to a part time home and office-based structure. Full IT equipment is provided for effective home working.
The Talent Acquisition Manager is a vital part of the People team as they will be responsible for driving recruitment efforts for the whole company, recruiting for a variety of roles at trainee and senior levels. The successful candidate will report to the HR Director.
Key responsibilities include:
- Liaise with senior managers across the company to determine current and future staffing needs
- Create proactive hiring plans for each vacancy to ensure that all appropriate candidate attraction techniques and methods are utilised
- Use metrics to report on recruitment activity and identify areas for improvement
- Continually drive all attraction strategies to ensure a good flow of candidates for all vacancies and build a pipeline of external talent
- Oversee central advertising activities
- Lead on employment branding initiatives and promotion of the company's employee value proposition, opportunities, benefits, and culture
- Develop and maintain relationships with third party recruitment agencies and manage the procurement process
- To act as a champion for internal recruitment across all locations, developing strong relationships with all key stakeholders
The successful applicant will be someone with previous experience of managing a large talent pipeline who can work independently. Someone who is creative, innovative, energetic, and well organised will fit the role well.
Required skills and abilities:
- Strong knowledge of attraction strategies, selection methodology, employer branding and candidate experience
- Able to write, clear, professional, and engaging advert copy
- Proficient in the use of social media and job boards
- Well organised and able to prioritise
- Proactively thinks around problems and can suggest solutions
- Able to quickly build relationships with internal and external customers
- Able to negotiate with third party suppliers to maintain high quality service provision within budget
This role is highly demanding and requires a committed individual who can manage a large workload and prioritise activities appropriately. You will be expected to demonstrate the above skills during a video interview as well as some of the following key behaviours:
- Results orientated
- Detail conscious
- Motivated to succeed
- Proactive with high energy
- Problem solver and critical thinker
- Committed to continual personal development
Teaching Personnel is the largest education recruitment company in the UK and is part of a wider Supporting Education Group which supports schools through providing staffing, learning and HR interventions. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to build a strong career in Talent Acquisition. There will be full support provided and the ideal candidate should be able to come in and hit the ground running, working effectively from day one. The successful applicant will join an established people team who work hard to support all employees and quality is at the forefront of everything they do. They are also a very social bunch and enjoy fun engagement activities throughout the working week.
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time position, working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. In return for your efforts, we offer a competitive salary (??45,000 per annum) and great package of additional benefits:
27 days holiday + bank holidays (increasing to 30 with service)
Free parking at our Head Office
Discounted gym membership
Retail discounts and offers
Mobile phone insurance
Regular social events
Company-wide awards ceremonies and celebratory events