Audit Team Support Executive, Open to flexible working
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this Audit Team Support Executive role.
- Making quality second nature. This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
- Responsible for a portfolio of clients spread across the Central Region’s Audit Practice
- Key responsibilities include aiding the audit teams as follows:
- Assist engagement teams in key tasks such as take-on processes, engagement initiation processes, key calendar dates and other ad-hoc administrative tasks
- Support in budget preparation and monitoring actuals versus budget on a monthly basis
- Support in monitoring and booking of audit resource to align to budget and audit progress
- Ensuring audit fees are raised on a timely basis and are collected on a timely basis
- Monitoring of audit progress and proactive communication with engagement team to identify actions required to ensure audit efficiency and quality
- Preparation of supporting information for overrun claims as audits progress
- Preparing analysis of points forward/improvements for future year audits
The minimum criteria
- Understanding of the statutory audit progress and its key elements
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Excellent project management skills, self-starter and proactive
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written and ability to work on your own as well as closely with teams
- Credibility in communicating proactively with Audit Managers and Audit Partners/Directors
- Good analytical/analysis skills – being able to cut through the detail to identify key trends and information
- Ability to drive own role and develop/widen that role into the future
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.