People Advisory Senior Adviser, Open to flexible working
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of activities that will help our people flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this Senior People Advisor role.
- Be a part of a team. People Advisory is an internal facing consultancy team whose purpose is to deliver a people experience which is aligned to the people strategy, the firm’s purpose and its strategic goals. The teams aim is to create an environment which enables our people to thrive and do their best work, take shared responsibility and deliver exceptional client service.
- Making quality second nature. This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our people, clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
- Own your own work. You will be part of a flexible team that supports the business on people annual life cycle activities related to performance, talent and reward. You will also guide and coach people managers in the effective management of their people, including performance concerns, absence and disciplinary cases.
- Take responsibility. You will be responsible for delivering on our people strategy, people deal, people initiatives and the annual people experience cycle, in collaboration with our Strategic Business Partnering team and Centres of Excellence (CoEs), ensuring excellent programme management and sustainable change.
- Build your brand. Given the importance of this role, there will be exciting opportunities for the right person to expand their knowledge and develop their skillset.
The minimum criteria
- You will have significant HR generalist experience within a Business Partnering or generalist role
- You will have experience in dealing with employee relations activity such as absence management, capability and disciplinary processes
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- You will have previous professional services experience
- You will be educated to degree level, or equivalent and CIPD qualified
- You will have strong written and verbal skills
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.