Private Client Tax Associate Director - High net worth, Open to homeworking
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of challenges and objectives that entrepreneurs typically face, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this EPC Tax role.
- Making quality second nature. This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
- Own your own work. – Lead from the front in-regards to delivering client work, engaging the EPC and greater Tax teams to ensure correct skill utilisation on all projects.
- Be a part of a team – Take responsibility for developing more junior team members, understanding their carer aspiration and support in this delivery.
- Build your brand – Engenders trust and respect from the client by producing high quality tax advice accurately, delivering to expectations, responding quickly to client demands and delivering to deadlines. Is actively involved in client meetings, concisely and confidently answering client queries. Provides intelligent and creative solutions to client tax issues both reactively and proactively.
The minimum criteria
- ACA or ACCA and/or CTA Qualified or equivalent qualification
- Demonstrates sufficient technical knowledge to supervise relevant area of work
- Strong experience in working with HNW and UHNW worth clients
- Seeks solutions to technical issues and demonstrates a willingness to understand and recognise the breadth of possible technical issues.
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us that we tailor your role to match your skillsets and motivations, whilst ensuring this fits in with the wider team strategy.
- A senior manager must present solutions to increasingly complex technical issues, demonstrate sufficient technical knowledge in own service area to develop solutions to complex technical issues and manage a team in demanding assignments on a day to day basis.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the full range of the firm's products, services and capabilities and takes an active role in cross selling.
- Builds an understanding of the potential for selling into clients.
- Seeks to participate in business development activities and contributes to sales pitches, for own team as well as the wider firm.
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.