HR Business Partner, Open to flexible working
As a Pharma Commercial HRBP you will partner with the business to effectively execute the people plan, leveraging their local context and expertise by delivering HR services in line with the agreed service proposition and service delivery model, fully leveraging their partnership with People Services team and across OneHR.
You will support Pharma Commercial or Pharma aligned "One Pharma" populations within a market or cluster, as a trusted partner to the business to drive impact in talent, leadership, culture and capability. The role is agile and flexible to support peaks in demand, project or initiatives.
In this role you will support at director level of a business area or function and will align HR strategic and operational activity to the Pharma Commercial Innovation, Performance, Trust (IPTc) strategy, as it flows from the Area/Country HRBP.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the exciting area of Commercial which offers exposure to global stakeholders at senior levels and the chance to work across different business groups.
- Be a trusted and agile HR partner to leaders to drive Pharma Commercial's people agenda and deliver against IPTc priorities. Maintain a strong understanding of the Pharma Commercial business, IPTc strategy and GSK in the context of HR activity to improve business performance.
- Coach and develop line managers around HR policies, processes and ways of working to hold them accountable for employee's experience and to enable teams and individuals to be most effective in their roles.
- Develop pragmatic solutions to address complex business issues and by interpreting local legislation, policies etc and mitigating risk and utilising wider OneHR Resources to support delivery
- Support driving best in class talent management and succession planning in their business area to build a high quality, diverse talent pipeline that enables business growth now and in the future.
- Coach and challenge leaders to increase diversity through recruitment and talent management.
- Lead initiatives that enable the organisation to have the best leaders at all levels, with the right capabilities to motivate, focus, develop and care for the people and a culture of purpose and performance.
- Support line leaders in key employee lifecycle processes like hiring, performance and development, relocations etc, as well as business changes such as mergers/acquisition integrations, reorganisations, etc.
- Support key annual HR activity, i.e. the annual planning and review (P&R) process
- Partner with the Employee Relations (ERC) to resolve high risk ER issues and implement appropriate actions. Successfully manage and track progress of the area supported against key HR milestones, deliverables and metrics.
- Use digital, data and analytics tools and processes to gain forward looking insights to diagnose issues and inform execution of the people strategy.
- Diagnose and/or deliver change projects in line with the HR and business agenda.
- Partner with colleagues across OneHR to bring the new HR model to life with a patient first mindset.
- Be disciplined in reducing customisation and champion our investment in new technology, regional hubs, standardised tools and processes within HR and with the business.
- Demonstrable experience in a HR Generalist role. This includes experience in areas such as; talent planning , leadership capability and diversity projects.
- Experience supporting a business unit or function, delivering on the HR agenda within their remit and aligning to the strategy and its needs.
- Comfortable working with autonomy.
- Experience translating business objectives into HR solutions through appropriately setting direction, objectives, targets and metrics - delivering against demanding targets and meeting criteria of time, cost, quality and performance and providing the analysis and performance results of such solutions
- A good understanding of various HR processes (Recruitment, Performance Management, Talent Management, Labour Law compliance etc.)
- Experience working with data to create insight and diagnose future talent risks and opportunities
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders within the business and in HR - this includes stakeholders at Director/VP level and above
- Prior experience managing international relocations/localisations
- Comfortable work across business different groups; managing associated complexities and prioritisation
- Experienced working within a large , complex organisation
- Experienced working within a Commercial function
- Prior experience in a global team
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.