Lab Engineer, Open to flexible working
2 days left
- Contract Type
We are seeking a computing subject matter expert to join our lab engineering team with an all-round track record of building/installing, configuring and troubleshooting problems related to computer hardware and laboratory systems in a R&D environment. The successful candidate may also possess other related technical IT skills including software development, security, data science and cloud technology.
You will be part of a dedicated team supporting scientists globally as well as interacting with external vendors and key stakeholders. Managing and prioritizing large volume of incidents and requests on a regular basis as well as constantly seeking opportunities to lower cost of ownership, maintain accuracy of assets, securing devices and conduct Tech experiments from holistic thinking will be key to maximize value to R&D.
The Lab Engineer role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Hands on end to end lab operations for global Pharma R&D (e.g. instrument connectivity/integration, PoC, data acquisition/flow/storage, life cycle management of laboratory systems/instrument in a GxP/non-GxP environment).
- Lead/contribute to strategize ways Technology can deliver solutions (e.g. IoT, Mobile, Automation, Cloud).
- Provide recommendations for business process changes and/or functional enhancements to existing technology solutions end to end.
- Accountable for ensuring that solutions and services deliver full and expected business value through a deep knowledge of business process design, architecture, change management and continual service improvement.
- Support key Product Owners across a matrix team to deliver transformational changes and drive business adoption.
- Experienced in IT Security standards/governance.
- Experienced in Networking and Firewalls.
- Experienced in ITIL, Agile development and DevOps.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Computer Science or related bachelor's degree and/or solid experience working with laboratory systems and instrument.
- Data Management and IT Infrastructure.
- Experience or knowledge of an R&D environment.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills as well as attention to detail.
- Quick learner and excellent team player.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, able to communicate effectively and directly with stakeholders.
- Lifecycle/service management, asset management and business continuity.
- Proficient with at least 1 of the following competencies:
- Privileged Access Management/Active Directory/Remedy/ServiceNow/CERPS/ITIL/AGILE
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience with Networking/Firewalls.
- Experience with Software development.
- Experienced in Data principles (e.g. meta data, FAIR, Allotrope) and Digitization.
- Experience with Laboratory automation/OT devices.
- Experience with System validation including data integrity requirements and security settings.
- Experience with Testing strategies & frameworks.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.