Administrative Assistant, Open to flexible working
2 days left
- Contract Type
Are you looking for an administrative support role that enhances your project management experience and allows you to support senior leadership in a global environment? If so, this Administrative Support Staff role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
As an Administrative Assistant you will manage/lead/be responsible for an efficient and comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to the SVP of PSC Technology, being their key interface, both internally and externally using exceptional business knowledge, stakeholder management, administrative abilities and judgment.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Competent in GSK systems (CERPS, Workday, iTAG etc).
- Experience of supporting a global team
- Confident in analyzing facts and data
- Strong organizational and administration skills
- Ability to prioritize workload, working with tight deadlines Excellent communication skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Comfortable in interfacing with all levels of the organization and working at a senior level, with high level of awareness of interdepartmental relationships
- Ability to cope with ever increasing changes whilst maintaining a calm and professional manner
- Ability to multi-task without compromising quality of work
- Excellent team player with good listening skills and ability to work un-supervised
- Outstanding GSK administrative knowledge
- Masterful when dealing with confidential matters
- Exceptional people skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages - excel, word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrable experience in taking the initiative and acting independently
- Understands the challenges of managing in a complex matrix internally and supporting external meeting management as required
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately
- High-level customer service and support in highly matrixed environment
- Computer proficiency in databases and software applications
- Provide comprehensive support to the SVP PSC Tech and assist in the day to day operations of the PSC Tech function including complex diary management and meeting coordination.
- Use understanding of concepts and methodology of work performed to proactively deal with issues for manager and in manager's absence using initiative and knowledge to bring resolution. Identify and propose creative and interpretive process improvements on a regular basis. Provide guidance to the direct reports of the executive in absence of direct access to leader.
- Co-ordinate extensive and complex international travel including preparation of itineraries and collation of documentation. Process necessary visa applications and ensure travel vaccination guidelines are met. Produce all types of documentation including preparation of materials in advance of regular key meetings.
- Monitor manager's inbox on a regular basis and within agreed parameters, deal with incoming and outgoing correspondence in a proactive and timely manner (follow up on replies, recommend action to be taken, draft responses, and filter to appropriate people). Uses independent judgement to understand what is important and critical and support the action of these.
- Organize all logistics for complex meetings (technology, room booking, facilities, visitors, catering etc), conferences and events whilst adhering to the meetings policies, liaising with internal/ external parties.
- Be competent in various GSK database, software and internal systems to complete expenses on time, manage invoices and raise purchase orders in CERPS, update iTAG (holiday and absence management) and use Workday for HR-related activities, in order to provide high quality administrative support.
- Manage a high-volume workload proactively to a consistently high standard, by setting priorities, objectives and target dates.
- Undertake ad hoc reports/projects as required simultaneously with routine work, and may provide project leadership for department initiatives. Project management of complex, global admin related tasks and events across different time zones.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Experience of supporting senior managers, at minimum VP level
- Experience of interacting with other senior managers (grade 4+)
- Experience in administration and software package usage (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP, Workday).
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- University Level Degree
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.