Analytics Solution Development Lead, Open to flexible working
You will own and lead the development of effective and efficient people analytics solutions for a range of diverse and complex business problems. Steering on value, you will set the standard for people analytics solution development and lead a high performing team of data scientists, engineers and analysts, working in cross-functional agile teams in developing scalable analytical solutions.
- Takes a bigger picture approach when evaluating solutions to ensure the boarder business and industry context is considered when making recommendations
- Own and lead the development cycle of analytics solutions, steering on value
- Applies broad knowledge of the business and market context to define, or redefine, problems, identifying complex associations, linkages, tradeoffs and dependencies
- Serves as an expert in Machine Learning product development, shares knowledge with others
- Hire, develop and coach team of data scientist, engineers and analysts
- Work with PDA consultancy & research team and SMEs to translate business challenges into analytics solutions
- Applies agile principles to ensure speed and innovation in solution development
- Oversee quality/technical standards for analytics solution development from MVP to POC
- Is intensively familiar with the full stack behind data science and actively participates in all stages of model development from data collection, data quality control, model building, model validation, testing and calibration guidance;
- Works closely together with engineers to build state of-the-art end product and shares knowledge with others
- Work with Senior DevOps engineer and solution delivery teams to ensure that models are translated into scalable solutions.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Great experience in data science and advanced analytics product leadership experience
- Proven experience in setting up, mobilizing and leading data science/data engineering teams
- Strong analytics skills : e.g. Descriptive statistical modeling and algorithms, Machine learning algorithms, Modeling dataset building, Optimization, Data visualization, Pattern, cluster, segmentation analysis
- Experience in big data and cloud technologies
- Proven experience of applying Agile Methodology
- Strong project management experience, driven by timeline and cost/capacity
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- PhD in technical field (e.g. related to Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, etc) OR
- MS/BS degree and/or related experience in programming, software development, statistics and/or data science
Interested in Joining the Team?
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
Please ensure you apply before the 25th February 2021 to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.