Franchise Supply Chain Director (Respiratory) Open to flexible working
6 days left
- Contract Type
As a Franchise Supply Chain Director, you will lead and deliver the franchise strategy for Respiratory medicines. This role supports the consolidation of strategic Supply Chain activities and provides leadership in governance forums facing Pharma Supply Chain, R&D and Commercial.
You will ensure the franchise and medicine supply chain teams have a clear set of operational targets and will be responsible for establishing Therapy Area Supply Chain strategy for a group of assets. You will support the Franchise Supply Chain head in delivering Future ready ambition with a focus on key objectives of delivering strategic programmes, supporting commercial growth for new and established products, and defining and implementing a clear end to end lifecycle and network strategy.
This is a key enterprise role with significant responsibility for the definition and execution of supply chain strategy, for one of GSK's most critical therapy areas. The importance of the programmes you lead offers the successful candidate visibility across the Supply Chain, and cross-functionally with the commercial and R&D business units.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Heading NPI Launches, driving launch excellence in the respiratory therapy area, looking for synergies between supply chain nodes, various projects and functional teams to deliver the plan
- Developing End-to-End Supply Chain Vision & Design for specific products in the Franchise
- Leading scenario planning to ensure supply chain plans robustly support commercial ambition
- Leading critical activity such as Supply Chain Risk Management and compliance
- Portfolio and program management support and leadership to drive strategic change through the organization
- Network design and annual review for Respiratory portfolio
- Matrix management of a large team of supply chain specialists, offering mentoring coaching and development, as well as project and program management
This role is an extremely visible position with responsibility for managing a considerable number of stakeholders, right up to CET level. As such fluent and clear communication, the ability to influence and to manage expectations, and the ability to form, maintain and strengthen relationships are essential. You will combine these with the confidence to make decisions under pressure, sometimes with limited information, and with strong analytical and problem-solving skills - multitasking to deliver multiple solutions simultaneously. Despite having no current direct reports, this role calls for a truly effective leader. We need someone who can lead in a complex matrix environment, across multiple teams and geographies. You will need to coach, motivate and develop people, all while recognising and sensitively managing cultural diversity.
CLOSING DATE for applications: Friday 5th March (COB)
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
Required Qualifications and experience:
- Educated to Degree level
- Significant and broad supply chain experience
- Demonstrated ability working cross-functionally, including interactions with R&D and Commercial teams
- Experience problem solving in highly complex situations (commercial and technical).
- Demonstrated understanding of industry standards, trends and expectations
- Strong experience in interaction with and influencing third parties.
- Capability in enabling and driving change, identifying and implementing holistic business solutions.
- Demonstrated commercial awareness and experience.
- Understanding of supply chain processes, regulatory constraints, planning and logistics, trade routes
- Demonstrated leadership skill and experience
- Demonstrated understanding of risk management and compliance
Preferred Qualifications and experience:
- MBA or other high-level qualifications
- Experience in modelling scenarios with multiple variables, incorporating identification of key drivers, risks, financials and sensitivity analysis.
- Knowledge of Respiratory dosage forms and processes
- External knowledge of the Pharma industry.
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.