Engineering Team Manager, Open to flexible working
GSK have a challenging and inspiring mission: to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
In the heart of rural Teesdale, the GSK site at Barnard Castle is a key member of the Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) organisation producing some of the world's leading dermatological, sterile, inhaled and oral medicines for a wide range of diseases.
GSK Are currently looking for an engineering team manager for their state-of-the-art manufacturing site in Barnard Castle. As a Engineering team manager you will be responsible for implementing assigned aspects of the site Equipment Reliability program and site strategy by ensuring production equipment is available to produce when needed & to deliver product per customer demand.
- Management & supervision of the SBU Engineering team.
- Management & supervision of contractors.
- Engineering customer for SBU small-scale project activities.
- Management of SBU maintenance budget,
- Planning & implementation of EHS policy & improvement activities.
- Planning & implementation of Quality policy & improvement activities.
- Planning & implementation of maintenance strategy.
- Delivery of continuous improvements to drive increased performance in line with objectives and KPI's.
- Preparation & review of Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedules & associated reports via MERPS.
- Provision of information WRT customer service, maintenance & shutdown requirements to the business schedule planning forum.
- Additional duties as defined & agreed with the business unit Engineering Operations Manager due to business requirements
Closing date for applications: Friday 26th Feb 2021
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
- Relevant qualifications and / or experience is essential.
- Engineering degree (or equivalent experience)
- Required to demonstrate competence in current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), understands its impact on their own role and the implications of not following cGMP.
- Previous experience managing a team
- Driving Continuous improvement
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.