Future Ready Biopharma Separation People Lead, Open to flexible working
Secondment/FTC to December 2021
We have a new role for an established HR Leader to join the Future Ready People & Organisation team on a Secondment basis. Reporting to the Biopharma People Transformation Lead, this role will advise, lead and deliver HR & Business critical transformational support to enable the stand-up of both the New CH and GSK Biopharma Businesses in time for Separation whilst supporting the ongoing execution of Transformation activity.
You will work in partnership with the Separation People Transition Lead and Separation GSF Transformation Planning Lead, & others from the Future Ready community and their combined teams, to drive implementation of the Separation people principles and process in the context of concurrent restructuring activity. This is a unique opportunity to gain experience in a large global transformation.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the delivery of effective Organisation Design assurance across GSK as we continue to transform, with a focus on Biopharma.
- Driving implementation of the People Separation principles that will be used to deliver the anticipated people movement necessary to stand up two successful companies. Achieving this through strong relationships of partnership and collaboration with workstream HR resources, and Separation People team.
- Providing guidance and advice in support of effective workforce planning across Transformation & Separation activity, with a focus on Biopharma.
- Tracking and supporting resolution of complex HR & programme queries - partnering with appropriate stakeholders to respond.
- Updating and improving existing HR playbook guidance as business needs are identified.
- Partnering with People Separation Workstream leaders and Future Ready Change & Comms Leads to plan for and manage all appropriate communications of People Separation activities to the broader HR and Business community, with a focus on Biopharma.
- Supporting the delivery of insight to track Transformation & Separation People KPI's, in partnership with stakeholders, to enable a 'one source of truth' for reporting of Transformation & Separation people movement. Supporting connection of this insight to Enterprise workforce planning tools.
You are likely to be a degree qualified, HR Professional who has worked in partnership with the business at a senior level.
- Demonstrated learning agility, ability to deal with high levels of ambiguity and experience successfully influencing stakeholders at senior levels.
- Experience in leading a restructuring change programme across complex organisations, with mandatory and demonstrated experience in Restructure tools and approach at large scale.
- Confident leveraging networks across HR and the wider business.
- Comfortable working to a programme management process.
- Demonstrates a good track record of partnering directly with senior HR & business leaders; translating business and HR objectives into high quality HR solutions.
- Experience in resolving complex HR queries from managers and employees.
- Ability to deliver against demanding projects or initiatives and meeting criteria of time, cost, quality, risk assessment, and performance
- Experience working with multi-country HR teams required with a mandatory focus on successfully managing across the matrix to deliver against plans on time and in full.
- Exposure to working in a highly complex organization with a matrix structure and with multiple lines of authority leveraging influence within a complex network of stakeholders.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.