Advisory and Quality Risk Management Manager/Associate Director, Open to flexible working
London (110 Bishopsgate), Reading (1020 Eskdale Road), Oxford (TVS), Cardiff (3 Callaghan Square), Sheffield (1 Holly Street), Northampton (Pavilion Drive), Bristol (2 Glass Wharf), Manchester (4 Hardman Square), Liverpool (Royal Liver Building), Milton Keynes (Victoria House), Leicester (Regent House), Leeds (No 1 Whitehall Riverside), Southampton (Benham 5), Gatwick (St Johns House), Cambridge (Cambridge Science Park), Birmingham (The Colmore Building)
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this role.
- Making quality second nature. This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our Firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
- Own your own work. As part of the Advisory Quality and Risk Management (AQRM) team, you will deliver a high-quality service, primarily to the Transaction Advisory Services service line (TAS) but working with other service lines as appropriate, ensuring that tasks are carried out and coordinated efficiently and to the highest standard possible. You will support, educate, and coach client facing teams and individuals to enhance their awareness of risks and ability to manage risks appropriately, advising in relation to quality, risk management, and technical matters. Your role will be key in implementing required controls and you will be expected to demonstrate general industry and technical knowledge and be aware of its impact on both internal and external clients.
- Be a part of a team. You’ll act as one of the key links between the TAS team and the AQRM team, contributing ideas and supporting colleagues to ensure that the team functions as effectively as possible. You will work collaboratively with the Firm’s Legal, Ethics, Client take-on and other central support teams to progress risk queries in relation to client on-boarding and assignments in general as they arise in an efficient, constructive and timely manner and will work to improve our policies and processes.
- Take responsibility. You will be one of the key contacts for the services lines you support, advising on all documents, reviewing them for technical and risk content as part of the controls to minimise the potential financial and reputational risk to the Firm and raising awareness of processes and risks, guiding and advising on set processes. It will be your responsibility to take ownership of projects and ongoing tasks including supporting the implementation of the Firm’s risk management strategy in relation to the service lines, supporting the file review and monitoring procedures in line with the Firm’s Quality Gradings framework and supporting and facilitating training sessions and workshops on risk issues. You will be expected to build up relationships with and provide support to the service lines and other members of the AQRM team as required.
- Build your brand. Given the importance of this role, there will be exciting opportunities for the right person to expand their knowledge and develop their skillset. This is a unique opportunity to develop your profile across the Firm.
The minimum criteria
- ACA/ACCA qualified or legal qualification or equivalent
- Background in professional services
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- You’ll have experience of working on corporate transactions, such as acquisitions, disposals or mergers.
- You’ll have a positive, proactive attitude and be someone who takes pride in delivering a high-quality output
- You’ll have good attention to detail, whilst retaining an ability to see the bigger picture
- You’ll have an ability to communicate effectively with all of our people
- You’ll have excellent IT skills and an interest in how we can develop digital solutions to help us do things improve the way we work
- You’ll be a resilient individual who enjoys being part of a diverse team
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.