Global Audit & Risk Manager, Open to flexible working
The Global Audit & Risk (GAR) function is a key component of Diageo’s governance framework, promoting the improvement of governance, risk management, controls and compliance by:
- Giving independent assurance over the quality of Diageo’s management of its key risks – both to the Audit Committee and to Executive management;
- Enforcing clear standards on governance, risk management controls and compliance and maintain excellent management assurance processes; and
- Supporting the Audit Committee and Executive management to understand Diageo’s key risks and risk management capability.
Shortly, we will be looking for individuals to join a truly global diverse team based across a number of hubs including London, New York, Miami, Bangalore, Budapest, Shanghai, and Singapore.
- Delivery of high quality and holistic risk management and internal audit assurance across a broad range of functions and geographies.
- influence the Diageo leadership population to take additional / different action when gaps are found in the organisation’s management of risk.
- Lead audits with high level of complexity, assignment teams of up to 6 people to deliver high quality, impactful audits in accordance with GAR’s Ways of Working
- Be a clear owner of the outcome of the audit, including sharing key lessons and insights with the relevant leadership population (including the Diageo Executive).
- Actively participate in the shaping and delivery of the GAR Strategy – owning elements of GAR’s Performance Promise (as agreed with the line manager) that help the function continually re-invent.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in a large multinational internal audit function and/or Big4 Assurance function
- Relationship management and business partnering skills – proven experience of building, developing, and sustaining relationships with key stakeholders, especially senior management (including executive management).
- The ability to influence strategic decisions across the business.
- People management skills and the ability to influence and direct where appropriate.
- Risk based auditing, including the ability to review core financials and business data in order to identify potential risks and insights.
- Experience in use of Computer aided audit techniques (CAATS) and data analysis tools
- Project and change management - reviewing and assessing the impact of change on people, and concluding on critical risks and steps to effectively manage those risks.
- Root cause analysis and insights generation - understanding an issue or complex problem, the key drivers behind it, and then defining an action plan to address
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.