Diageo in Society Specialist - Stakeholder Engagement, Market Tools and Analysis
The role of the Corporate Relations Function is to take action to ensure Diageo’s licence to operate, enhance our licence to grow and unlock our licence to celebrate. Through making progress in these areas, the function will help Diageo to deliver its performance ambition in terms of both “best performing” and “most trusted and respected”.
The Global Diageo in Society (DIS) team plays a key role within the Corporate Relations Function as a centre of excellence focused on our efforts to deliver a positive impact on society everywhere we live, work, source and sell across – collaborating with a wide range of teams to embed Must Do 4 (Positive Drinking) Must Do 5 (Inclusion & Diversity) and Must Do 6 (Grain to Glass Sustainability. The team also leaders on non-financial reporting and other impact measures to provide credibility and build competitive trust and to tell a compelling story to internal and external stakeholders.
All roles within the Global DIS Team exist to develop, progress and embed the overall agenda across the company – representing all aspects of the DIS agenda. We work as one integrated team – acting as business partners for the Regions/ICTs and other corporate teams – providing advice, technical expertise and tools to embed the Society 2030: Spirit of Progress strategy and deliver against our external targets for the decade ahead.
In an increasingly volatile and uncertain world, we need to take action to ensure that Diageo is seen as a leader in promoting positive drinking through addressing harm and encouraging moderation. Diageo’s efforts to champion inclusion & diversity within our business, with our partners and in our communities around the world leads to a better employee experience, better business performance and a greater impact on society. It is also key that Diageo takes action to pioneer grain to glass sustainability through minimising impact on the environment and making a positive difference in communities everywhere we live, work, source and sell.
We will play a leading role in addressing the challenges ahead such as water scarcity, climate change, and contributing to reducing inequality and building skills in communities as well as empowering women and other underrepresented groups. Through these actions, we will help create a more sustainable future and ensure our business is able to thrive over the longer term.
The role of Diageo in Society Specialist – Stakeholder Engagement, Market Tools and Analysis is critical to the delivery of Society 2030: Spirit of Progress and our performance ambition – helping us to become both ‘best performing’ and ‘most trusted and respected’ in the critical decade of action. Reflecting the growing scrutiny on companies in terms of their impact on society, and the importance of non-financial indicators and ESG criteria as a measure of company performance and reputation, this role will help with the process of stakeholder engagement to help build awareness of evolving stakeholder views to enable Diageo to anticipate changing needs, understand material issues and opportunities and help to develop an approach to meet these needs.
As part of the implementation of Society 2030: Spirit of Progress, this role will also help to embed key DIS programmes, ensuring that markets have an understanding of the programmes and the framework to follow to ensure consistency of execution and impact reporting – developing tools to ensure a smooth journey from strategy to implementation to impact measurement. This role will also provide essential analytical capability to support the implementation of Society 2030: Spirit of Progress, tracking data across markets as well as external data and trends to enable the strategy to be implemented at pace and to contribute to Diageo materiality assessments to evolve our work over the longer term. This role will also help to coordinate execution across the Global DIS team, including project and budget tracking to ensure effective and efficient execution of the strategy and deployment of resources.
Your top 3-5 accountabilities:
- Support the delivery of Diageo’s ongoing stakeholder engagement efforts on Society 2030: Spirit of Progress, through gathering data and stories of impact to build credibility, tracking external trends to enable Diageo to maintain an up-to-date assessment of material issues and opportunities and to keep pace with rapidly evolving stakeholder expectations on ESG matters.
- Support the effective execution of Society 2030: Spirit of Progress and delivery of our external targets through embedding market tools, gathering feedback to evolve toolkits and guidance and provide general support for markets to accelerate the delivery of the strategy.
- Engage with markets to identify and amplify best practice, leverage data and analysis to surface insights and scope and deliver interventions to address areas of under performance against Society 2030: Spirit of Progress plans and target delivery.
- Support the process of target setting at a regional and market level, using data on past performance and 2030 roadmaps to develop annual targets for markets to deliver against external targets – building credibility and trust with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide analytical support to enable the effective deployment of resources across the Global DIS team including project and budget tracking
Qualifications and Experience Required
- At least 2-3 years in a role involving data gathering, analysis and reporting.
- Ability to analyse data to identify key trends and issues, distilling it into key issues to focus on, best practice to share and items to escalate.
- Ability to create clear and concise presentations for leadership – framing key data into actionable insights and signposting areas for more information.
- Ability to create simple tools that can be easily deployed, recognising the market reality of time pressures and diversity of languages and cultures.
- Ability to develop and deploy clear systems for project and budget tracking.
- Experience of collaborating as part of cross functional working groups.
- Experience working in a global business, tailoring solutions to address different local market contexts desirable but not essential