Regulatory Senior Analyst, Open to flexible working
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Job Description Summary:
We are seeking a Senior Analyst to join our Regulatory Advisory practice, part of the Financial Services Group (FSG). This opportunity will develop and grow your career with challenging project work where each assignment is different from the last. We are looking for someone with experience or a keen interest in helping our clients understand and apply UK financial services regulatory requirements, in a pragmatic way that adds value to their business. You will work for clients in multiple sectors, including retail and commercial banking, consumer credit, financial advice and wealth management, insurance, and asset management, as they pursue strategic initiatives and address all manner of regulatory challenges as they arise. You will work on a wide variety of projects, including on business models, governance and controls, risk management, prudential health, risk management, conduct risk, customer experience, Skilled Person reviews and redress and remediation.
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from the Regulatory advisory team.
- Making quality second nature. This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
- Own your own work. – Lead from the front in-regards to delivering client work, engaging the Financial services group and greater Financial Services teams to ensure correct skill utilisation on all projects.
- Be a part of a team – Take responsibility for developing more junior team members, understanding their career aspiration and support in this delivery.
- Build your brand – Good communication capability to the internal population and the external stake holders to ensure we are always promoting our core values.
The minimum criteria
- 2:1 honours degree (or equivalent)
- Maths and English Language grade B or above at GCSE (or equivalent)
- Good A level grades (or equivalent)
- Prior work experience in an accounting, law or FCA, PRA or PSR regulated firm, or a regulator
- Experience of writing reports
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and
- exceed client expectations
- Managing internal or external stakeholders and working within set project timeframes
Skills to set you apart
- Understanding and applying the FCA’s CASS requirements
- ACCII, CFP(FPC) or equivalent
- FinTech / RegTech
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.