Audit Delivery Transformation - Team Lead, Open to flexible working
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The EY UK Financial Services (UKFS) Audit Practice, is seeking an experienced professional to operationally lead the Audit Delivery Transformation team.
Over the last three years, there has been a seismic shift in the audit profession, with a significant increase in the expectations of auditors from a broad range of societal stakeholders. This has led to an expansion of depth and breadth of audit work required to support our judgements, as well as the development of firm processes to oversee audit quality.
The above changes, coupled with future regulatory developments, has led to a need increase audit fees, in order to deliver sustainable audit quality. Our Audit Delivery Transformation team will contribute to our purpose of building a better working world by embracing new technologies and ways of working, in order to deliver the additional assurance to our stakeholders in an efficient and cost-effective way.
Your key responsibilities
In this role, you will be at the forefront of the operational implementation of our new Audit Delivery Transformation programme and will take an active role in shaping the activities and direction of the team.
Skills and attributes for success
- Supporting audit teams in continuing to price audits appropriately, providing considered questioning, coaching and financial oversight.
- Examining audit delivery models, by performing deep dives on individual engagements to drive efficiency, share best practice and work with leadership to drive higher margins.
- Drive the production of MI to monitor the success of the programme, and to support updates to practice leadership.
- Lead a team of five senior managers, working within each of our audit business units (Banking and Capital Markets, Wealth and Asset Management, and Insurance and Pensions), to identify and deliver cost savings.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Audit experience within the last three years (full or part-time)
- Ability to build strong working relationships, enabling you to effectively challenge peers and superiors
- Resilience and perseverance to achieve the desired outcome
- Experience preparing and delivering detailed project plans
- Experience managing a team to deliver tangible outcomes
- Experience producing accurate and timely financial management information, which is presented in a clear and easy to understand manner
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Financial Services experience, with strong sector knowledge in one of the following: banking and capital markets, wealth and asset management or insurance and pensions.
What we look for
We are looking for transformative leaders with a passion for driving Audit efficiency and best practice. Depending on experience, this full-time role will be graded at the Senior Manager or Market Facing Director level. You would report to the Partner Sponsor for Quality and Efficiency, who is accountable to the UKFS Audit, Quality and Efficiency Steering Committee.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
EY | Building a better working world
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.