Design Manager Corporate Brand, Open to flexible working
An exciting new opportunity to lead the corporate design for GSK Consumer Healthcare. This position will report to the Global Design Director and work collaboratively with the Corporate Communications team, Marketing and other key business functions. Helping to develop and implement a world class corporate brand experience - ensuring Design quality, consistency, and the delivery of design excellence to build corporate brand equity and tell a compelling brand story.
The Design Manager position will support Global Design in managing internal stakeholders and external creative agencies addressing various and complex business requirements and building day-to-day relationships, to help establish a deep understanding of the value of brand and design strategy for the corporate brand.
As a Design Manager you will be responsible for supporting VP Global Design and the Global Design Director in developing and implementing strategic, tactical and operational level design thinking and management for the corporate brand and business.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
Working in collaboration with the VP Global Design / Design Director and independently to build upon solid strategic skills, whilst balancing the tactical and operational requirements of managing corporate brand and visual identity projects.
This role requires the ability to direct and work in collaboration with corporate communications and other internal functions and external partners - knowledge is required to:
- Collaborate effectively to support creative process to develop corporate branding and
- visual identity and subsequent implementation / roll-out internally and across all channels.
- Ensure consistent ways of working & RACI (between corporate communications, stakeholders, internal functions and external agency partners).
- Adhere to design research best practice.
- Deliver against the expectations for Design at GSK.
- Support the VP Global Design / Design Director to manage and help translate corporate
- and design strategy through the development of visual identity and brand language.
- Support the VP Global Design / Design Director to manage multiple stakeholders including Corporate Marketing, Marketing Excellence, LOC teams and external partners.
- Requires the ability to influence and challenge Corporate Communications and Marketing
- on Design best practice and help establish a deeper understanding of the value of the brand strategy and role of visual identity.
- Acting as the external face of GSK to design agencies.
- Work on projects that span multiple geographies and cultures.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 9th of March 2021
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Experience of working in agency / client-side environment in design / visual identity management or related function.
- Commercial and corporate acumen developed from experience of being part of a multifunctional team.
- Design experience / understanding of Corporate branding and visual identity creation process and implementation / roll-out across channels and how this applies to a business.
- Management experience in Corporate / FMCG environment or Design related business working on brands.
- Experience of other Design disciplines including brand identity, visual identity, PR, communications, advertising and digital.
- Experience of verbal and authoring written design briefs.
- Experience with global / local design partners on design projects.
- A working knowledge and experience of print processes, technicalities and finishing.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative market and design research and insights.
- Experience / understanding of managing design budget for brands / product categories.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Understanding of the strategic challenges (competitive, environmental, consumer trends, GSK capabilities) and competitive environment facing the GSK brand and CH business
- A working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and other relevant software
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.