Communications Manager, EMEA (Drive Profit Markets), Open to flexible working
12-month fixed term contract
This is an exciting opportunity join the Communications and Government Affairs (CGA) team, as we progress our journey to create two new, leading companies in biopharma and consumer healthcare which can improve the lives of millions of people.
Reporting to CGA Director, EMEA (Drive Profit Markets), you will help drive ambitious reputation building agenda for Consumer Healthcare in EMEA and provide senior level support to Drive Profit Markets across EMEA (40+ markets) for reputation management, both at internal and external level. You will work across multiple areas in EMEA including Great Britain and Ireland (GBI), Benelux/Nordics, France and CEE.
As an integral part of the EMEA Drive Profit Markets team; you will act as an internal task force and support the four areas (above) with the following priorities:
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Communications strategy and reputation management:
- Support CGA Director, EMEA (Drive Profit Markets) to develop annual Corporate Affairs and internal strategy for Drive Profit Markets, aligned with overall communications plans and business priorities. Provide communications advice and implement strategic decisions based on an expert understanding of the external and internal environment.
- Be a strategic partner to the Area businesses and provide local market senior leaders with counsel/advice on key communications and external affairs.
- Lead and manage high profile issues arising across Drive Profit Markets, advising Leadership teams as appropriate.
- Work effectively with local and regional agencies in managing high risk reputational issues
- Provide crisis communications support in times of crisis - internal and external
- Build capabilities/train key market leaders in responding to media
External Comms and Reputation building:
- Develop and execute the External Communication plans for priority markets, by developing relationships with key external stakeholders to build the reputation of GSK Consumer Healthcare as one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies
- Lead the management of the local communications agencies, with focus on priority markets (France, GBI)
- Partner with the Government Affairs team on public affairs to ensure an integrated approach
Internal Comms and Change Management:
- Support leaders across Drive Profit Markets in driving internal engagement by providing them with an internal comms framework for the Area/Cluster
- Educate and train comms champions on how to further support leaders in Drive Profit Markets and to execute content/channel mix
- Act as Comms advisory to key change initiatives in the Area/Cluster, advising Market leaders on Comms strategy and leading on development of Comms materials for major change projects e.g. restructuring, divestments etc.
Closing Date for Applications: COB 9 March 2021
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
To be successful in this role you will have excellent planning and organisational skills and be confident working across different groups of stakeholders with a strong interpersonal and networking ability. You will have a strong track record in external and internal communications and be poised in working with senior leaders in a fast-paced and diverse team, managing a varied portfolio of projects across different markets simultaneously. Your ability to communicate with colleagues of all levels (written and verbal) will be of a high quality and you will have the ability to operate with the highest integrity and discretion. Most importantly you will be passionate about our ambitions for the company and our values and expectations.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following:
- A strong track record of effective external/internal communications and issues/reputation management at a global or above-country level
- The ability to work across multiple markets/areas and demonstrate good agility and strong prioritisation skills as focusses rapidly change across the markets/areas
- The ability to influence senior business leaders both internally and externally
- A positive, can-do attitude and a real team player
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast moving environment with fluctuating and changing demands
- Tight regular deadlines; ability to produce and finalise high quality work on an ongoing basis
- Matrix working; must inspire confidence in delivery and be capable of influencing key stakeholders
- Strong project management skills and a natural team attitude
- Ability to build trust, working with integrity and discretion, in line with GSK values and expectations
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills in English
Preferred requirements: If you have any of the following, this will be an advantage:
- A good understanding of GSK businesses and well-established networks
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities in French
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.