Oncology Biostatisticians - US - UK - Canada - Remote, Open to flexible working
GSK Oncology has a commitment to the discovery and development of new oncology therapies with the life-changing potential of helping patients with cancer, in four areas of cancer research: Cancer Epigenetics, Immuno-Oncology, Oncology Cell & Gene Therapy and Synthetic Lethality.
We need exceptionally talented and committed Statisticians like you to apply your statistical skills and innovative statistical methodology to drive key contributions to the development of new medicines in the fight against cancer. We have individual contributor career opportunities across a range of experience levels from fresh PhD's to industry experienced biostatisticians to support disease area strategy, medical market access and our clinical development programs in Cancer Epigenetics, Immuno-Oncology, Oncology Cell & Gene Therapy and Synthetic Lethality . Join our team of industry leading experts in data analysis and methodologic research. Our end-to-end project support model ensures that our statisticians collaborate across the entire range of drug development, from early clinical development, to registration and marketed product support.
US Hiring Locations: Collegeville, PA and Waltham, MA
UK Hiring Locations: Stevenage, GSK House
Remote Working: Available for a limited number of roles for industry experienced biostatisticians.
- Providing statistical input to the design, analysis, reporting and interpretation of clinical studies.
- Influencing clinical development plans, regulatory and commercial strategies.
- Building and maintaining effective strategic working relationships with internal and external partners to meet business needs.
- Identifying, developing and implementing novel statistical methodologies in support of medicines development.
- Our end-to-end project support model ensures that our statisticians have the opportunity to work across the entire range of drug development, from early clinical development, to registration and marketed product support.
- MS in statistics or related field
- Practical understanding of statistical modelling and its application to real world clinical problems
- Track record of strong performance in an academic or industry setting
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a team setting
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- PhD in Statistical discipline
- 1+ years of relevant experience as a statistician in a clinical trial setting in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Experience with Bayesian methods
- Expertise and practical application in multiple statistical methodologies
- Oncology experience
- Capable of applying innovative statistical thinking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with;
- Capability in building and maintaining strong working relationships in a team setting
- Demonstrated ability to explain novel and standard methods to scientific and clinical colleagues.
- Strong influencing skills applied effectively across functions and levels of an organization
- Track record of strong statistical contributions and accomplishments in clinical drug development, with a broad knowledge of all phases of drug development (pre-clinical; Phase I-IV).
- Experience of working with and coordinating the work of CROs.
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.