VP Pharma Supply Chain (PSC) Data & Analytics, Open to flexible working
The Global Manufacturing & Supply Chain network comprises 60+ sites in 30+ countries, with around 30,000 employees, of which the Pharma network comprises some 40 internal sites, hundreds of third-party suppliers and contract manufacturers supporting the manufacturing and supply for the entire portfolio of Pharmaceutical medicines.
The VP, Pharma Supply Chain (PSC) Tech Data and Analytics is accountable to partner with Pharma Supply Chain, Tech and Strategic Partners to lead the transformation of our data & analytics products, from a traditional BI + reporting capability to an advanced analytics capability that powers a data driven, digital and efficient Pharma Supply Chain organization. This role will also be accountable for the oversight of our technology architecture, to deliver a seamless and connected set of technology products across PSC. In scope for this role, is the accountability to research and integrate appropriate Emerging Analytics capabilities into the PSC Tech technology portfolio by demonstrating business value.
This role will act as a key technology thought leader and cooperate with other data and analytic leaders in GSK
- Create a technology strategy and 3-year roadmap for next generation of PSC data & analytics platforms and capabilities.
- Lead the technology transformation of a traditional BI/reporting stack to democratize data and help GSK's PSC organization leverage big data and advanced analytics for value.
- Lead talent transformation of PSC data & analytics team to be fit and ready for a digital future
- Lead operating model transformation from project delivery + support to integrated agile product teams that deliver value frequently and delight our business partners
- Responsible for agile planning, development and operational support of all current and future global data & analytics products/solutions
- Architecture oversight and guidance for PSC data and analytics including cloud and edge computing
- Active Lifecycle & total cost of ownership management of legacy data & analytics footprint while shifting investment to build up advanced analytics capabilities in support of our Data and Analytics ambition
- Active partnership with GSK CTO & Core Tech Enterprise Data Federation as well as Data & Analytics leaders across Pharma, Vaccines and Consumer Health to shape GSK's enterprise data & technology vision
- Maintain external presence to represent GSK PSC Tech externally to capture and report relevant tech intelligence and be a talent magnet to attract data & analytics talent to GSK
Competencies - Interpersonal and leadership skills
- Minimum level of Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- ~15 years of leadership experience, working in enterprise technology environment with at-least 3 to 5 years of focus in using advanced analytics to deliver business value
- Strong preference for direct or indirect experience in working with BioPharmaceutical Supply Chains
- Demonstrable knowledge of how data and analytics technologies can enable value generation through productivity, increased quality, increased yield, and cash in regulated industries
- Deep content knowledge of traditional Data & Analytics (Teradata/Informatica etc.) as well as Modern Big Data (Hadoop, Spark) technology stack and applications
- Demonstrable experience in transforming an enterprise grade data & analytics organization from traditional BI/Reporting to a modern advanced analytics footprint while delivering value to the company
- Proven credibility with Tech as well as Supply Chain Leaders at executive leve
- Strong facilitation, communication, and interpersonal skills, ability to influence senior leadership and decision-making using data, market evidence
- Experience operating agile product teams to deliver value early and often to the business
- Relentless in delivering business outcomes and value and simplification with a passion for helping patients do more, feel better and live longer.
- A thought leader with external/industry presence
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.