IRT Specialist, Open to flexible working
The individual provides Tier 2 level Helpdesk support for the IRT (Interactive Response Technology). Provide IRT technical support to Product Development, Clinical, and other GSK departments. These activities include review of simple clinical study protocols, preparation and review of contracts for simple IRT set-up, programming information and maintenance of studies in the IRTs. Manages all aspects of the study following activation in the IRT, e.g. supply management, communication with clinical supply study leads and Clinical study personnel, etc. Accountable for configuring simple studies right-first-time assuring to meet agreed timings and requirements of the clinical customer utilizing supply strategies that reduce or eliminate any stock-outs to patients.
- The individual provides Tier 2 level Helpdesk support for the IRT resolving and/or escalating study support issues in accordance with all Standard Operating Procedures.
- Configures and manages/maintains simpler IRT study designs.
- Pro-actively liaise with global supply staff and clinical groups regarding potential issues for ongoing trials.
- Supporting study / site maintenance activities post go-live
- Proactively advises on the study resupply configuration to ensure IRT and shipping systems are used to optimum efficiency.
- Provide training, materials, and support to clinical study teams (monitors, investigators, etc) on the use of IRT.
- Proactively communicates issues to the other members of the IRT team and global supply and/or Clinical personnel where appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the functions of the clinical supplies department, and understanding of the relationships to other departments
- Receiving, evaluating, executing and verifying IRT and clinical supply data changes
- Performing manual drug dispensation and verification activities
- Receiving and evaluating requests to create ad-hoc reports, escalating request as needed.
- Analyze data
- Provide information to investigate Near Misses & Stock-outs implementing process improvements.
- Participate in inspections and regulatory audits
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors degree
- 2 years of related experience in IRT or clinical supplies.
- Experience in working with customer relations
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Demonstrates fundamental knowledge of computer systems.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and files in accordance with GSK policy, cGMPs, and SOPs
- Proven computing skills & experience with various software: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio, MS Project, etc.
- Proven ability to work in a matrix team
- Should be detail-oriented and possess the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to train others inside and outside the workgroup in area of expertise
- Must exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good planning and coordination skills
- Problem solving skills
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.