Commercial Finance Manager, Open to flexible working
Thank you for being open to exploring future opportunities within Diageo's Global Travel Retail business.
Within the coming months, we will be looking to hire a Commercial Finance Manager. Although we do not currently have a live vacancy, we’d like to send you updates when the role becomes available.
Register now by applying to this advert, and we’ll reach out to you to set up an initial screening call if we feel that your profile is right, before entering you in to our talent pool.
The Global Travel (GT) business, where this role reports, has recently restructured to drive greater focus around delivery of our F21 goals. Our vision is to be the undisputed leader in travel retail. Our reputation, both in Diageo and in our markets, will be one for leadership. In particular, we will be:
- first in innovation, to drive our differentiation;
- first in luxury, optimizing our strength in the premium category; and
- first in retail, where we will deliver excellent experiences and customer service
This role plays an integral role in achieving these goals, through the development of the Commercial Finance Strategy.
This role manages relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders – including Commercial (and wider multi-functional selling) teams, Marketing, Group Finance, FC&A, Internal audit (GAR), and our various DBS Shared Services teams across the world.
This role provides business partnership to the Sales & Marketing teams working with the commercial team to provide support and coaching on all financially related issues to beat the competition and maximize profit delivery.
- Key Business Partner to GTs Commercial Directors and their respective regional commercial teams
- Performance Management: Embeds a strong performance culture within the team to establish an integrated commercial business review rhythm that is not only informative, but can identify trends, opportunities, and risks complying with the Commercial Standards methodology.
- Decision Support: Provides high quality analysis of GT big bets and additional tactical opportunities to ensure financial and strategic implications of decisions are clear and optimized.
- Provide seamless tracking of monthly depletions reporting for customers to ensure adherence to commercial policies.
- Lead the Commercial M&E agenda for the customers under responsibility to ensure resources are invested where they can bring better return and sustainable growth
- Ensures GT wide adherence to commercial policies and delivery of the pricing and retro´ s optimization agenda.
- Business Planning: Drives the AOP targets of sales and trade investment at the brand and customer level, maintaining real-time outlooks
Qualifications and experience required
- Degree qualified
- Finance qualification (CA, ACMA, ACCA), or 5+ years’ experience in Finance
- Ability to manage projects, prioritise and work to deadlines
- Experience of working in a FMCG or equivalent environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work and engage cross-functionally and remotely – excellent communication skills both written and verbal and great interpersonal skills both over the phone and face to face
- Ability to influence at Senior Levels within the organization
- Ability to lead and manage teams on a remote basis
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- PC skills and system knowledge - MS Excel, Outlook, strong knowledge of SAP and an excellent understanding of Anaplan and Microstrategy
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.