Commercial Finance Partner for Oncology (focus Zejula and Cancer Epigenetics)
This role incumbent will become a commercial finance referral point for the Oncology TA creating the required interfaces with the MCLs and core LOCs to deliver financial targets. The Global Oncology Franchise Finance Partner provides partnering support for the key Oncology assets in development and marketed and for the overall strategy in the area. The team is part of the wider Global Pharma Therapeutic Area teams which also includes I&SM (Immunology and Speciality Medicine), Respiratory, and Classic & Established Products.
Scope includes decision support, financial analysis for key milestone events, strategic portfolio analysis, resourcing analysis, Return on Investment, pricing and performance management. Success in the role requires the ability to interface with senior management and have high degrees of pricing and commercial competencies and ability build a solid foundation in R&D.
The role will focus mainly on support for Zejula, as well as Cancer Epigenetics projects, such as PRMT5.
Strategic Portfolio Analysis for Oncology:
- Support the development of the Zejula and Cancer Epigenetics strategy using strategic portfolio analysis, long term modelling and analytics to assess the financial impact of decisions.
- Understand the long-term opportunity of Zejula and Cancer Epigenetics by supporting financial assessment of assets at different pipeline milestones (C2MD, Commit to Phase 3, etc).
- Understand overall market dynamics, market access situation and future trends.
LRF, 3 Years Plan and pipeline valuation:
- Manage plan review process, stress-testing and agreeing assumptions, level of ambition and risk of Oncology products (for spend and sales), including hand shaking process with key LoCs for Zejula and Cancer Epigenetics Products.
- Lead the Long-Range Forecast for Zejula and Cancer Epigenetics products and conduct periodic reviews to understand swing factors to previous forecasts and manage spend and risks.
- Support MCLs and Medical in defining the Oncology Franchise budget (Headcount, variable and evidence generation costs) for Zejula and Cancer Epigenetics.
- Model investment opportunities to support the business in making investment decisions when opportunities arise; recommending which investment to pursue with an influential case and identifying risk factors
- Provide input into the early pipeline valuation process (assessment of forecast and value for early pipeline, largely in Cancer Epigenetics)
- Support preparation for PIB and all other PIB/CET decisions for the Oncology TA, with thorough financial analysis identifying risks, opportunities and considering sensitivities
Business Development Support:
- Support the financial assessment of acquisitions, disposals and alliance/partnering opportunities
- Work with business development, and MCLs to structure the transactions to ensure a profit and cash optimising outcome
- Provide guidance on the implementation of the deal from a financial perspective at global level
- Monitor the financial execution of the deal vs. expected outcomes
- Assess gaps and work with the business to develop options to close gaps
Alignment with GMS:
- Partner with GMS Finance to negotiate, agree and optimise COGs
- Support GMS Finance assumptions in assessing capital investment to manufacture Global Franchise assets
- Be a proactive part at S&OP/Supply Chain planning meetings, challenging inventory levels across the supply chain as necessary
Coaching and Mentoring:
- In conjunction with head of II/FPG/Oncology Finance coach and mentor the FLP rotation. Ensure FLP has clear direction on key deliverables and deliverables are to a high standard. Drive all aspects of the FLP's development.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Degree in Economics, Finance, Business (or different degrees with Finance qualification)
- 5+ years in a Finance Partner role or in a Business Partner role with a finance background/qualifications
- Understanding of financial systems and processes
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- MBA or Financially qualified, with internationally recognized Finance Qualification or through strong experience at a senior level
- Good knowledge of GSK Finance standards, systems and processes.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline. Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.