Financial Modelling Manager, Open to flexible working
Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
The Financial Modelling Manager plays a central role within the PSA
department within Grant Thornton UK LLP. As part of the Financial Modelling
team you will be working on a broad range of engagements across the financial advisory and consulting parts of the business.
Come and think independently with an organisation that’s doing the same. We’re determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It’s why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It’s invigorating. It’s inspiring. It’s creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let’s make change happen.
The Public Services Advisory (PSA) Financial Modelling team is a fee earning team, which also supports all other service lines of PSA in designing, developing and reviewing advanced financial models in Project Finance, PPP and corporate finance environments. The team adopts industry-leading best practice standards such as FAST standard and in-house protocols, which have been developed rigorously over the past few years. Our Agile team is based out of London Bishopsgate with clients all across the UK.
What you’ll be doing:
- contributing to the development of Financial Modelling team methodology and market knowledge through involvement in technical and /or sector-based taskforces
- providing high quality modelling support, in terms of designing, building or reviewing models, to both internal and external clients
- developing a broad range of models including integrated financial models, business models, cash flow forecasts, options appraisals, pricing models, acquisition models etc
- taking responsibility for assigned areas including having own work reviewed and works to time and budget
- providing advice on financial aspects on projects and programmes within the PSA business
Who we're looking for:
- financial modeller with demonstrable financial modelling experience and familiar with the creation and review of spread sheets (using Microsoft Excel)
- self-motivated individual with evidence of innovation and initiative
- excellent analytical and communication skills and be able to articulate clearly, confidently and professionally to others internally and with clients
- demonstrated ability to deliver to commercial deadlines
- commitment to clear, structured financial modelling techniques
- team player and confident in working on a number of projects in parallel
More than just the job:
The time you spend outside of work, helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to progress your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and beyond. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part.
We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply,
we’re better together.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.