Technical Learning Manager, 12 Month FTC, Part time 2.5-3 days per week
Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
- Be a part of a team. You will be part of the Business School within the Technical Learning Team whose goal is to provide engaging, relevant, technically accurate, easily accessible training for post qualified people working across the Advisory, Tax and Audit Practices. The Team support the Firm in the achievement of technical quality across all service lines by providing formal development for our people both now and for the future. You’ll play an active role in the Business School team contributing to the teams positive morale and support the continuous improvement of technical learning driving forward a learning culture across the Firm.
- Own your own work. You will assist the Technical Learning Team in identifying gaps in learning needs and advising key stakeholders in an effective way forward. You’ll liaise with subject matter experts, learning experts and other key stakeholders to help transform some of our existing learning pathways. You’ll be working with key stakeholders to map learning and development to identified technical capabilities from the technical capability frameworks. You will also have the opportunity to develop and deliver technical training.
- Take responsibility. You will liaise with numerous stakeholders both within the Business School and across the Service Line and assist in the implementation of the 2021 - 2022 technical learning strategy (in either Advisory, Tax or Audit depending on your area of expertise) ensuring that technical learning is suitable for different learning styles and is delivered in an engaging, efficient and effective manner. You'll work collaboratively with stakeholders to understand the technical learning needs of the business, looking for opportunities for improvements and sharing good practice
- Build your brand. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to grow their firmwide network, expand their knowledge of technical matters as well as develop their learning and development skillset.
Who we're looking for:
- you'll be a strong communicator who is able to build trust and offer proactive solutions and ideas
- you'll hold a relevant professional qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, ICAS, CIPFA etc
- you’ll be a Manager working within either the Advisory, Tax or Audit Practice
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.