Associate Director - Payments, Open to flexible working & homeworking
Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Grant Thornton's Business Risk Services (BRS) provides the advice necessary to help clients manage risk and improve their business performance. Our professionals can deliver objective, value-added solutions that will enable clients to strengthen internal controls and governance processes, implement sound organisational strategies, increase technological capabilities and improve their operational efficiency.
An Associate Director will take ownership of allocated engagements in a way that exceeds client expectations while taking responsibility for managing and developing employees.
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect.
- Making quality second nature - This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
- Own your own work – Lead from the front in-regards to delivering client work, engaging the Cyber & Payments Risk team and greater Grant Thornton teams to ensure correct skill utilisation on all projects.
- Be a part of a team – Take responsibility for developing more junior team members, understanding their carer aspiration and support in this delivery.
- Build your brand – Engenders trust and respect from the client by producing high quality tax advice accurately, delivering to expectations, responding quickly to client demands and delivering to deadlines. Is actively involved in client meetings, concisely and confidently answering client queries. Provides intelligent and creative solutions to client tax issues both reactively and proactively..
- Managing clients, internal teams and delivery of technical payments and security advisory and assurance engagements.
- Managing client advisory and assurance over payment security and risk management for PSD2 and Open Banking, Fraud, Card schemes, BACS, CHAPS, SWIFT, and Faster Payments.
- Managing CXO relationships, industry forums and thought leadership in the payments space
Experience and attributes for success
- Proven technical experience reviewing/deploying PSD2, payments and fraud management systems and infrastructure
- Proven ability to assess and provide assurance for regulatory and complex payments and security risks and controls, relate them to the wider business environment and communicate opinions clearly.
- Strong technical understanding of a wide range of payments infrastructure and processing frameworks
- Passionate about supporting, advising, and helping businesses achieve their potential, you’ll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career.
- Commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues.
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.