Industry Business Development Manager, Open to flexible working
Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
The firm is rolling out a new, invigorating national approach to industries and this role will be instrumental in driving this forward. We are in the process of recruiting three Business Development Managers to cover three of our core industries – Business Support Services, Private Healthcare and Industrial Products – and this role will be to cover one of those three. You will work closely with the Industry Leader and the National Industry team and play a key part in developing and driving the ‘go to market’ approach with agreed clients, targets and intermediaries within your particular industry.
This will involve working closely across our multiple business lines, supporting internal stakeholders to have broad commercial conversations, sharing insights and perspectives with a number of external contacts across key clients in your industry.
You will develop and maintain your own relationships through lead generation and be responsible for new revenue creation by being out in the marketplace, identifying opportunities and ensuring a consistent cross line of service (XLOS) approach to the market.
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this Industry Business Development Manager role.
- Making quality second nature. This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
- Own your own work. You’ll work with the relevant partners/directors to establish and implement a business development strategy as part of the go to market strategy. You’ll have oversight of the pipeline, and support dashboards and reporting packs to ensure clear management of the ‘go to market’ process alongside the Industry Leader. You’ll generate leads and new opportunities for the industry group across all service lines and be responsible and accountable for external client-facing business development activities. You’ll set up and attend new business meetings with clients and targets with key decision makers including the ‘C - suite’ in client/target organisations, supported by the broader Marketing and Business Development function. You’ll coordinate and work with Partners/Directors to develop XLOS propositions to take to market.
- Be a part of a team. You’ll play an active role in the Industry group and wider BD team and contribute to the positive morale, whilst coaching teams to enable successful market outcomes. You’ll work collaboratively across all areas within the team to maximise our contribution to the firm and to clients.
- Take responsibility. You’ll:
- drive the target pipeline that is based on a pre-agreed set of targets, and manage opportunities (bringing in central support e.g., bids, where appropriate).
- support the business in account managing key clients to enable measurable account growth and input into the development of account plans.
- proactively develop and manage a personal network of intermediary and other business introducer contacts in the market.
- attend client, target, and intermediary events, ensuring effective follow up on these events and work in partnership with the Marketing team to ensure that the firm’s insight, thought leadership and marketing campaigns are targeted, driven and deliver return on investment
- be accountable and able to demonstrate the relationship management, revenue conversion, return on interview (ROI) and speed to market activities undertaken.
- share and contribute ideas and best practice/insights to the wider Marketing and Business Development community, and the business.
- Build your brand. Given the importance of this role, there will be exciting opportunities for the right person to expand their knowledge and develop their skillset. You’ll lead, inspire, coach and develop other in line with the firm’s vision and values.
The minimum criteria
- You’ll have a strong track record of developing internal and external relationships, building and maintaining a pipeline of work and implementing and delivering against agreed fee income targets.
- You’ll be able to demonstrate B2B sales and marketing experience
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- You’ll have strong commercial awareness and the ability to engage with and influence key decision makers at a senior level, to identify new business opportunities with both new prospects and existing clients.
- You’ll have a thorough understanding and demonstrable application of lead generation, sales and or client management activity and proposal/bid management.
- You’ll have a proven track record of working to a revenue target
- You’ll have strong communication and influencing skills and project management experience.
- Some experience within a professional services BD role would be advantageous.
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.