Digital (Consumer Healthcare) - Future Leaders Programme, UK - 2021, Open to flexible working
Exciting minds with our Future Leaders Graduate Programme - Consumer Healthcare
Education required: BS/MA degree in marketing, business, technology, digital disciplines or the sciences (or equivalent experience)
Language requirement: Written and spoken fluency in English
- Location mobility and willingness to relocate domestically
- Valid U.K. driver's license and clean driving record
Start date: September 2021
*You can apply to only one Future Leaders Graduate Programme
Application deadline: We accept ongoing applications and will close this vacancy once we have enough applications, so it's best to apply as soon as possible.
Want to be part of the world's largest over-the-counter (OTC) business and work to support and grow iconic brands, such as Sensodyne, Voltaren, Panadol, Advil, Centrum and Caltrate?
With over 300 years of innovation, we're a science-led global healthcare company that delivers billions of innovative products each year. Join us and help millions of people do more, feel better, live longer.
We're looking for Future Leaders in Digital
Are you an adaptable graduate who'd like to work in a fast-paced consumer obsessed environment and improve people's lives? Do you have a genuine passion for digital, have witnessed the consumer shifting behaviours from offline to online and want to be there to meet their needs? Digital commerce is the fastest growing area in FMCG and GSK Consumer Healthcare have a plethora of iconic brands that consumers are searching for everyday in more than 100 countries to help people feel better and live longer. You'll also have the chance to explore new products, launch innovations quickly and further our brands using real consumer insight.
Develop your leadership potential and career
Over three years, our Future Leaders Graduate Programme will challenge and support you to grow professionally and personally. As part of our Consumer Digital organisation you'll have three stretching rotations across functions which could include, but are not limited to ...
- Digital Commerce
- "Next": Consumer Healthcare of the future
- Consumer Business Insights and Analytics
Throughout the programme, you'll be part of a diverse network of graduates who are sharing similar daily experiences in different parts of the world. These peer relationships are a fantastic opportunity to get exposure and inspiration beyond your home market and learn different approaches to your job. At the same time, you'll explore your leadership potential through training, mentoring and on-the-job experience.
What will you do?
- Work with key strategic digital commerce accounts (eg: Amazon) to create ambitious growth plans
- Use data and business insights to unlock operational and commercial opportunities
- Create the 'e-packs' of the future
- Seek out and pilot, test and learn initiatives to drive digital commerce sales
- Gain consumer understanding of 'needs' when purchasing online
- Work with 'Founders' to bring a future concept to closer day reality
- Create insight from a broad range of data sources to drive strategic and tactical decision
- Work to shape user stories and innovation cases involving Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
Tailored training - and great career progression
Your training will centre around Global Consumer Digital Organisation and development will be tailored to suit your talents and ambition, as well as our business needs. After you complete our Future Leaders programme, you'll have the skills to become a leader of the future. Our programme will help you find out where your strengths are and how you can contribute most.
There's no limit to how far you can go with us - it's up to you to prove yourself.
You'll be excited by the thought of:
- Gaining in-depth insights in our Consumer Healthcare Commercial and Digital business
- Managing multiple projects and prioritizing tasks
- Building relationships with people at all levels of the organization and with our customers
- Training to be a leader who inspires through meaningful relationships, influence and negotiation
- Learning how to adapt in a fast-paced, high-energy industry AND channel
- Develop your network across the business, including senior leaders and peers, through networking opportunities
- Working with multiple data sources to create empowered discussions
- An agile mindset and strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that can help you connect people and ideas to come up with something new
- The ability to piece together information / data to create a compelling story
- Adaptability and resilience in ambiguity
- A desire to learn and have meaningful impact
- Genuine passion for the Digital Environment within a Consumer Healthcare environment
Our Consumer Digital Future Leaders Graduate Program is designed to accelerate the development of graduates who don't have significant previous professional work experience in the area to which they are applying. Of course, many graduates who join the programme have worked while studying or after graduation. If you've already developed substantial experience working in a professional role in your sector, while you would be able to apply for this programme, you may also want to look at direct entry roles in our businesses, as these may be the best way to build on your existing skills and expertise and develop a career at GSK.
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- Access to healthcare and well-being programmes, pension plan membership, savings programmes, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programmes, which reward exceptional achievements
- Long-term incentives through shared ownership link your rewards to our longer-term performance
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programmes
- Opportunity for flexible working arrangements
You'll be asked for your personal information and why you want to work for us. We accept ongoing applications and will close this vacancy once we have enough applications, so it's best to apply as soon as possible.
We're 100% open to all talent
We're 100% open to all talent - whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers. And also because it's the right thing to do.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.