Environmental Taxes Senior Manager - Part time 4 days per week
- Contract Type
We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
This role is open specifically for people who are looking to work on a flexible contract.
We know everyone’s lives are different and that traditional working patterns may not be quite right for you. Whether you’ve taken a career break, had time out to support family or are looking to balance your career with another passion of yours, we can offer you a flexible contract to work the pattern that suits you.
- 4 days a week
Once you’ve joined the firm you will have access to training, giving you the opportunity to upskill yourself on our various systems. You’ll also benefit from additional support designed to help you integrate into the firm and connect and build relationships with other flexible workers across our network.
Our market leading Indirect Tax Disputes team is an integral part of our tax practice, providing advisory services to PwC’s largest and most important clients. We advise across all aspects of VAT compliance and structuring, customs, excise and environmental taxes.
Our team is fueled by curious minds who work together to provide innovative solutions to navigate challenges, both locally and globally. As part of the team you’ll continue to build your global indirect tax technical skills as you work with a variety of clients across all business sectors.
The role will be focussed on environmental taxes, a significant and growing area of the business. The team boasts the market leader in environmental taxes and we have one of the largest dedicated teams of specialists within the UK dealing with energy, waste, quarrying and packaging. Working with the extensive Tax Disputes and Legal networks and the wider Tax business, the team delivers commercial and practical advice on complex, high value disputes. Clients come to us for our tax technical depth of knowledge, our industry experience and the ability to flex dispute resolutions styles; including recourse to other settlement mechanisms such as ADR as well as our recognised expertise in tax litigation.
- Supporting the environmental taxes leader, lead the team to manage client relationships and delivery
- Providing an end to end disputes service, at the cutting edge of developments in law and practice
- Develop new offerings and ways of delivering tax dispute services for our clients
- Be a role model supporting the development and growth of the wider team by sharing knowledge in environmental taxes and the Net Zero agenda
- Contribute to the growth and development of the practice
- Develop your own portfolio and become known in your own right as a expert in the field; internally and externally
Essential skills and experience
- ACA/CTA or Qualified Solicitor preferred but not essential
- Relevant sector knowledge (waste, energy, quarrying, packaging) and experience of environmental taxes; climate change levy, aggregates levy, landfill taxes, air passenger duty, fuel duty and plastic packaging tax
- Significant experience dealing with indirect tax disputes
- A proven track record building and maintaining client relationships in order to manage existing work and help build the business
- Experience leading and coach teams to deliver excellence, working under tight deadlines and within a dynamic, disputes environment
- Strong communication skills, specifically in relation to influencing tax authorities, clients and internal stakeholders.
- A natural curiosity in challenging a view of the law and comfortable reading and analyzing legislation
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.