2021 Cross-Market Insurance Returners Programme, 3-5 days per week
A collaboration between forward-thinking, inclusive insurance organisations and supported by the Insurance Families Network. The member firms are Lockton, Chaucer, Marsh, Phoenix, Willis Tower, AIG, Dual, Howden and Chubb. The programme is facilitated by Inclusivity Partners, return to work specialists.
Who it is for
This opportunity is aimed at women and men of all ages who have taken time out of work for at least 2 years. Perhaps you’ve been raising a family or caring for someone. Maybe you’ve put your career on hold to deal with a personal setback.
Now, although you may still have personal commitments to juggle, you feel ready to re-establish your career.
We’re looking for people who want to make the most of their professional expertise or leadership potential and who are able to return to their careers on a 3, 4 or 5 day a week basis.
How does it work?
The Insurance Returners programme starts on 13th September 2021 and lasts for six months until 13th March 2022.
You’ll be part of a cohort of fellow returners, working in one of the participating firms. These paid opportunities will give you the opportunity to put to use your past career expertise and to bring yourself back up to speed with the current market.
Whilst there is no guarantee, it is the goal of the programme that you will be able to secure a permanent position at the end of the six months.
What opportunities exist?
The programme is seeking expressions of interest from people with the following backgrounds:
- Claims Underwriting Reinsurance Actuarial Broking Risk
- Compliance & Legal Qualified Finance & Accounting (Insurance, or FS industry)
- Technology (need not be from the insurance industry)
- Exposure Management Consulting / Strategy experience focussed on the Insurance industry
- Qualified Accounting & Finance (need not be from the insurance industry)
- New BD / RFP backgrounds
- Engagement Customer Operations
- Client Advisors & Client Executives (insurance)
- Client Directors Insurance
- Wording Specialists Insurance
- Policy Reviewers
- General expressions of interest for those with an insurance background in an area not listed above.
Support on Offer
Throughout the programme you will be supported by Inclusivity.
Prior to your week one you will join the cohort for pre-commencement training. This session is designed to place you in a position for a confident day 1, equipping you with the knowledge and insights on how to take control of your own success.
- Also prior to week one, Inclusivity will deliver a training session with your line manager on how to best support a career returner, particularly in the early months.
- During the programme you will receive 3 one to one coaching sessions with Inclusivity’s specialist return to work coaches. These sessions are designed to support you on an individual basis and to address any personal needs you may have.
- During the programme each firm will supply you with a buddy and an internal mentor
- And finally, you will be a part of a fabulous cohort of returners who will offer you support and friendship as you all embark on this new stage of your careers.
HOW TO APPLY?
Inclusivity will review all applications and contact potential candidates to arrange an initial interview.
Once Inclusivity has completed your interview, and ascertained suitability for the programme, then your details will be submitted to the individual firms in consideration for their opportunities.
Interviews with the insurance firms will take place in June 2021.
To apply for any role in the programme you will need to:
- Have taken a career break of at least 2 years. Please show this clearly on your CV.
- Have a keen interest in returning to work
- Be able to undertake the role from September 2021 to March 2022
- Demonstrate previous experience in a similar field with the required listed opportunity areas
- Provide evidence of right to work in the United Kingdom
- Work for the equivalent of 3, 4 or 5 days per week
For full details of the programme and application links please click 'Apply'.
* A note on CVs – do not worry if it is not perfect. Inclusivity will support you to improve your CV before sending to participating firms.
Please note that interview slots can fill up fast so please try not to leave your application to the last few days.