Senior Company Secretariat Assistant, Open to flexible working
The Senior Company Secretariat Assistant will ensure GlaxoSmithKline plc's (GSK) compliance with relevant statutory and regulatory requirements in the UK and US as well as corporate governance requirements and best practice. Primary responsibilities will include contributing to the planning and execution of the GSK AGM and Annual Report projects and managing the day to day relationships with GSK's UK Registrar and US ADR Depositary. You will assist and support the Director, Governance, Plc & Shareholder Services in ensuring the team delivers a high-quality and efficient service to its internal and external stakeholders.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career.
- Ensure GSK's compliance with:
- UK statutory and regulatory requirements including Companies Act 2006, FCA listing and disclosure regimes and Market Abuse Regulation.
- US regulatory requirements including LSE and NYSE rules.
- Corporate governance requirements and best industry practice, relevant to areas of responsibilities.
- Supervise and support the Company Secretariat Assistant in ensuring that the Team's annual calendar of tasks and ad-hoc work is completed.
- Assist with Annual Report project.
- Assist with AGM project.
- Maintain accurate records of GSK's PDMRs' interests in GSK securities:
- Lead on the operation of and ensuring compliance with the Code for Dealing in GSK Securities:
- Manage the day to day relationships with GSK's UK Registrar and ADR Depositary.
- Dividend management on Ordinary and ADR shares
- Manage NED fees and NED share allocation plan
- Share capital management
- Ad-hoc projects as necessary
BASIC SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Good working knowledge of the FCA listing and disclosure regimes and the Market Abuse Regulation
- Good working knowledge of the UK Companies Act and industry best practice in shareholder relations
- Knowledge of executive and all-employee share plans
- Ability to manage, maintain and develop databases and excellent working knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge and understanding of the operation of a global organisation.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- High level written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to interact directly with senior people.
- Willing to challenge and drive change
- Associate of The Chartered Governance Institute with 3-years PQE gained in an in-house role
- Tapestry Certificate in Employee Share Plans
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.