Auditor for Marketing & Media Assurance - Part time 4 days per week
This role is open specifically for people who are looking to work flexibly.
We know everyone’s lives are different and that traditional working patterns may not be quite right for you. Whether you’ve taken a career break, had time out to support family or are looking to balance your career with another passion of yours, we can offer you a flexible contract.
- 4 day week
Upon joining the firm you will have access to various training to give you the opportunity to upskill yourself on our various systems. You’ll also benefit from a programme specifically designed to support flexible workers integrate into the firm and introduce you to other people across our networks.
About the team
Marketing & Media Assurance sits within Risk Assurance- one of one of the five lines of service within PwC.
The advertising industry contributes £billions to the global economy every year, using marketing and media channels to communicate the benefits of their products and as a driver of growth. The media environment is diverse and complex and so advertisers look to PwC to provide assurance over their investment and also to ensure that their media agency partners deliver their contractual promises.
The market has been suffering from a perceived lack of trust and transparency in recent years, something that has been exacerbated by the rise of digital media and the inherent complexity in new automated, data driven trading practices which are now commonplace across the media ecosystem.
Advertising is often the biggest discretionary spend a business can make so our services are critical in helping advertisers really understand where they stand. We are able to do this by combining talent from across PwC to work with our core teams of media experts by:
- Assisting clients with the selection of agency partners including helping them secure storing future fit contracts for the lifetime of the arrangement (contract support)
- Analysing whether the agency of record are complying with the terms of their arrangements a and that they are being transparent in how they are managing those financial commitments (financial contract compliance audits)
- Assessing if our clients have reached the highest media performance standards through best-in-class media management (media performance audits)
- Helping clients successfully navigate the digital media minefield (digital advisory and audit support)
We work with top global and local advertisers alike and expanding rapidly such is the demand for our services. We are providing critical insight and assurance services by utilising our professional standard audit expertise and rigour to produce independent, complete and accurate analyses for our customers which simply can’t be found to anywhere else
About the role
What projects could you be involved with?
- You could be supporting companies in managing agency pitch processes and negotiating fair contracts that reflect industry best practices.
- You could be working on a review of financial contractual arrangements to assess media agencies are being compliant with their contractual commitments.
- You could be working on a project to verify the agency media performance to assess the pricing and the quality of the media meets the highest performance available.
- You could be helping to analyse a company’s split of digital advertising spend, through measuring desktop, mobile and programmatic trading.
Essential skills and experience
- Able to work autonomously without the need for day to day direct management;
- A real interest in the media and marketing business;
- Strong analytical and data processing skills, with strong excel skills;
- Strong report writing skills;
- Good project management and organisational abilities;
- Focused and driven with an ability to build strong relationships with clients and PwC teams;
- Good communication skills (liaising with clients, media agencies and media owners);
- Passion for quality;
- Experience of working to client deadlines;
- Be prepared to be out of the office on international assignments;
- ACCA qualification preferred or previous audit experience
Who we’re looking for
A background in marketing, advertising and assurance would be a positive, however our main want is to have someone with passion and awareness around how the industry operates, an active interest in how advertising campaigns operate in the day to day world, and someone who wants to join a relatively new and flexible team full of like-minded individuals.
We’re a leading provider of trust in the digital world - in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today's business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.