Commodity Management Advisory - Manager-Flexible Contracts
This role is open specifically for people who are looking to work flexibly.
We know everyone’s lives are different and that traditional working patterns may not be quite right for you. Whether you’ve taken a career break, had time out to support family or are looking to balance your career with another passion of yours, we can offer you a flexible contract.
- We are open to flexible contracts
Upon joining the firm you will have access to various training to give you the opportunity to upskill yourself on our various systems. You’ll also benefit from a programme specifically designed to support flexible workers integrate into the firm and introduce you to other people across our networks.
Markets are increasingly volatile, and regulations complex with growing expectations and demands from stakeholders. Our clients are looking for more support to help them manage their exposure to commodity markets.
PwC’s Treasury and Commodities team helps clients identify strategies to optimise treasury and commodity trading operating models, understand and manage cash and financial risks, and select and implement systems to increase efficiency and effectiveness. Our teams provide these specialist services across a wide geographical area, including the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
In the UK, we have the Global Firms largest concentration of expertise including former Treasurers, Analysts, Risk Managers, Traders, IT Specialists and Finance professionals. Our team is part of a wider Capital Markets Accounting Advisory services group that assists clients in capital market transactions.
About the role
Building on this success, we are now seeking Managers to join our team. As a Manager in the team, you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of commodity advisory, assurance and consultancy services to our clients including;
- Review and development of commodity risk management and trading policies, processes, controls and reporting;
- Developing and implementing market, credit and liquidity management programs;
- Advice on commodity risk management, hedging and trading strategies and appropriate derivative instruments
- Supporting clients in developing the business case for, then selection, design and implementation of commodity management systems and technology solutions; and
- Involvement in the commodity aspects of transaction-related and M&A projects.
- Working experience in one or more of the following areas from within a corporate, financial services or commodity trader as an advisor in a leading consultancy or a solution consultant in a software vendor;
- Commodity management operations,
- Commodity and Credit risk and exposure management
- Commodity Management and Trading and ancillary software solution implementations
- Understanding of key commodity management controls;
- Experience of working within a project environment;
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to interpret financial and non-financial data;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Flexibility in working in different environments;
- Drive and determination to bring value to our clients; and
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to lead small sub teams and work as part of larger projects.
- Project management and budget management
- An awareness of treasury and cash management technology options available to the Corporate market, how these are applied to deliver improvements plus ideally practical experience of design and implementation of said;
- Front, middle and back office commodity management with an understanding of key risks, policy options plus operational, financial and control activities;
- Understanding of UK and EU and Global Power/Gas, Oil, Emissions, LNG, soft commodities markets
- An awareness of data analytics and related technologies;
- Insights into emerging technologies including artificial intelligence, automation and blockchain; and
- Project management skills
We’re a leading provider of trust in the digital world - in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today's business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.