Capital Markets Accounting Advisory & Structuring - Flexible Contracts
This role is open specifically for people who are looking to work flexibly.
We know everyone’s lives are different and that traditional working patterns may not be quite right for you. Whether you’ve taken a career break, had time out to support family or are looking to balance your career with another passion of yours, we can offer you a flexible contract.
- We are open to flexible contracts.
Upon joining the firm you will have access to various training to give you the opportunity to upskill yourself on our various systems. You’ll also benefit from a programme specifically designed to support flexible workers integrate into the firm and introduce you to other people across our networks.
A career within Capital Markets Accounting Advisory Services, will provide you with the opportunity to be responsible for complex financial reporting issues around deals and other transformational events. You’ll tackle client’s needs with a solution oriented approach that creatively addresses complex financial reporting problems for high profile transactions and you’ll have significant interaction with senior company management teams, bankers, lawyers and other advisers.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
As part of our team you will receive:
- Variety - an impressive list of high profile clients across a range of industries, working with people at a senior and strategic level and X-LoS PwC teams, as well as other advisers to your clients. A range of interesting projects and the ability to get involved in all the types of work that CMAS delivers
- Opportunity - to deepen your existing commercial and technical knowledge by helping clients through deals, reviewing and reporting on their businesses and plans, and helping them prepare important financial information that they need to complete their deals or to improve their Treasury and Commodity practices. This requires a range of practical, financial, commercial and advisory skills in addition to strong technical foundations
- Business Development – a key component of the role will involve supporting and driving the growth of the business, through involvement in targeting opportunities, building internal / external networks and identifying opportunities to help your clients
- Support - We are a supportive and collaborative team, and are committed to helping our people develop. We empower and trust our people to work independently but with coaching and guidance as needed. You will have regular direct access to senior PwC people as well as an experienced team of specialists
Essential Skills / Experience
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or relevant Treasury or Commodity qualifications
- Audit, advisory or hands on treasury or commodity risk management experience
- Passion for targeting and pursuing work in a competitive environment.
- Commitment to completing tasks and working to fluctuating deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Experience of building internal and external networks and developing client relationships
- Ability to analyse large amounts of data, draw conclusions and use these to solve problems
- Experience leading large scale projects/programmes
- Experience of providing clients with advice and support on practical business issues as well as technical accounting, treasury or commodity matters
- Strong oral communication and written communication/report writing skills
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Good project management skills.
- An ability and desire to learn new skills working in unfamiliar industries/environments.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Understanding of the full sales cycle and proven track record in taking opportunities through to close.
We’re a leading provider of trust in the digital world - in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today's business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.