Senior Consultant – Actuarial, General Insurance, Reserving, Open to flexible working
2 days left
- Contract Type
We are currently market leading within the London and Bermuda market engaged to perform a number of global Independent reserve reviews and reviews for over 50% of the Lloyd’s market.
We also have extensive coverage of the market in our capital modelling and Solvency II projects.
We are currently engaged in increasing our capacity in these areas. This is in response to the changing marketplace for our services. We are in a strong position to build on our existing client-base which varies by market sector, and by size.
These projects are demanding an increased level of classic consulting skills - more intensive client interaction, much wider than actuarial, and up to senior executive and board level.
This is an opportunity to become part of the EY general insurance success story in London and across Europe. The team have a strong reputation in the market for bringing bespoke offerings to our clients which recognise the uniqueness of our clients’ portfolios and needs.
We have capabilities broader than the conventional actuarial fields of deterministic reserving, pricing and modelling: we also operate as part of wider consultancy projects embracing strategy, risk management, analytics, stochastic reserving, economic capital, capital optimisation, Solvency II and other prudential regime changes globally.
We are at the forefront of these areas, with best in the class tools and knowledge, built up over several years of iteration. Our business model ensures that:
- Our expertise extend beyond boutique actuarial consultancies;
- We leverage the synergies of being part of broader European and global actuarial teams;
- We enjoy the advantages of being part of "Big 4 firm" multi-service-line offerings; and
- We combine audit, audit-related and non-audit projects with a global client reach.
This means that there are a wide range of opportunities for you to grow and develop your wider business knowledge, and to build internal and external relationships across disciplines and across borders.
Your key responsibilities
- Assist in the technical delivery and reporting for projects, taking ownership of at least one major workstream;
- Assist in the dialogue with client contacts and help to manage expectations of delivery, content, timescales and cost;
- Present, or assist senior management to present, to clients at senior executive and board levels;
- Contribute to projects as a topic / subject matter specialist (where appropriate);
- You will consistently contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives, consistently driving projects to completion making sure that the work delivered is best in class.
- Assist in responding to client proposals.
- Working closely with colleagues, you will create a positive learning culture and coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop and
- Play a role in team administration tasks - such as feedback, counselling, finance, recruitment, learning, etc.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Successful track record in General Insurance, gained through working for a Provider directly or a top tier consultancy or a specialist financial services consultancy
- Strong academic record including a degree and full professional actuarial qualifications I,e. IFOA or similar
- Specifically you will have experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Independent reserve reviews under different accounting bases for Property and Casualty classes of business with experience of the London and Bermuda market
- Reserving process improvement and development work
- Development or review of Solvency II technical provisions and associated processes
- Reserve risk assessment using stochastic techniques
- Links between reserve assessment, pricing, claims and underwriting
- The review of Solvency II internal models and associated processes
- Development of risk management frameworks under Solvency II
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
- The ability to work with a variety of stakeholders at all levels
- A real desire to work as part of a team
What we are looking for
We are looking for candidates who are excited about helping Insurance companies improve the way they operate - whether this is through transformation of processes, underwriting and claims analysis, or through transactions and regulatory change.
You’ll thrive on being a numerate, rationale thinker with a passion for this field and have a very strong attention to detail.
Being a strong team player is important as well as someone who is happy to work flexibly on different clients and different engagements.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!