Customer Service Operations (Senior Manager), Business Design, Open to flexible working
2 days left
- Contract Type
About EY Seren
Growth comes from solving problems that matter for people – for customers, employees, and society at large. This notion is central to our work at EY Seren, EY’s dedicated customer-focused transformation engine.
We focus on helping companies reimagine what it means to grow by looking beyond short-term financial measures to solve the problems that really matter. We are motivated every day by the desire to improve individual wellbeing and inclusiveness; shape the future of society and work; and care for the planet and its finite resources.
About Business Design
Business Design is one of EY Seren’s five practice areas. We transform our clients’ businesses, helping them create more value for the customers, members or citizens they serve. We create the changes in offering, business model, process and technology that deliver radically improved outcomes for the customer and the organisation.
For us, Business Design is about bringing together design thinking (human-centricity and the use of experimentation) with business analysis tools to help clients address challenges across their business.
We’re looking for people who are passionate about helping clients transform their Customer Service organisations. You will have extensive experience of delivering an exceptional customer experience and accelerating growth within one or more of the following sectors: Energy and Water Retail, Telco and Media, Government, Retail Banking and Insurance.
As a Senior Manager, you will help shape, sell and ultimately deliver Customer Service Operations engagements, managing teams of between 6 - 10+ consultants and being the first port of call for our clients, with exposure to senior client stakeholders up to C-suite level.
You will not only be developing the recommendations that will ultimately be implemented by our clients, but you will also be a key contributor to the growth of EY Seren’s business and our Customer Service Operations proposition, by identifying potential opportunities and helping develop new offers and thought leadership to take to market.
Your key responsibilities
- Take ownership for the successful delivery of Customer Service Operations engagements, overseeing all aspects over the engagement duration (6 - 12 months+), including:
- Designing and implementing customer service capabilities – advising on future-fit customer service capabilities and helping our clients to think through how they better align service activities with other front office functions
- Designing and implementing service strategies – transforming how our clients serve their customers, including contact centre improvement, service digitisation, self-serve and field service operations
- Conducting service diagnostics and recommending improvements – assessing current state customer service performance and defining improvement opportunities and how success is measured and tracked
- Designing and implementing new service models – assessing existing operating models, recommending enhancements and building the organisational structure to support new models
- Designing and implementing new service processes – developing new end-to-end service processes across channels and making recommendations on how clients can better deploy technology to improve service quality and customer experience
- Designing and implementing new approaches to talent management – defining how teams are compensated and helping clients to better train, manage and retain the talent in their organisation
- Lead and coach multi-practice EY Seren and wider EY teams, delivering high quality results on projects by generating insight and solutions to our clients’ problems
- Draw on your knowledge and experience to create innovative solutions, adapting methods and practices to consistently drive high-quality projects for our clients
- Oversee the creation of high quality work products and act as a subject matter resource on Customer Service Operations
- Be vocal within the market to promote our brand and generate the next generation of opportunities to further grow the business
- Work with Partners and Directors to identify and pursue opportunities, taking ownership on proposals, creating tailored propositions and taking them successfully to clients
- Work alongside other senior management members to develop the Business Design practice
What we look for
- Robust knowledge and experience in delivering Customer Service Operations, Service Transformation and Service Excellence projects
- Familiarity with customer service technologies, such as omnichannel communications tools, service ticketing systems, sentiment analysis tools and reporting platforms
- Deep knowledge of one or more of the following sectors: Energy and Water Retail, Telco and Media, Government, Retail Banking and Insurance
Skills and attributes
- Excellent written and verbal communication and facilitation skills, with an ability to present robust, evidence-based solutions to clients succinctly and creatively
- Excellent innovation, problem-solving and structured thinking skills, able to generate insight and committed to delivering high-quality solutions which exceed expectations
- An analytical and investigative mindset, with an aptitude for identifying and articulating the reasoning behind your recommendations
- Ability to structure, manage and guide teams through complex engagements
- Ability to coach and develop others, often across multiple workstreams on the same engagement
- Ability to build effective, long-lasting relationships with clients
- Strong leaders who are team players, collaborative and have a desire to shape the next phase of growth of our business
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Extensive relevant professional experience of driving change into Customer Operations, either within external / internal consulting or within industry
- Consulting or similar project-based delivery experience is preferred:
- Building and leading high performing teams of 6 - 10+ resources to deliver measurable results that achieve client outcomes, from shaping deliverables through to client presentation and sign-off
- Led 2 - 4 projects from end-to-end, overseeing the completion of all deliverables across multiple workstreams and being the main contact for clients
- Writing compelling client proposals and supporting the sale of multi-million-pound consulting engagements
- Putting in place the right project structure and governance to ensure client outcomes are achieved successfully
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.