HR Business Partner - Global Technical, Open to flexible working
2 days left
- Contract Type
At Diageo, there are two core assets that drive growth across our business: our brands and our people. They drive one another. The HR Function sits at the heart of this.
As Business Partners, our role is to ensure we have the right conditions in place to develop and release the potential of our talent; our leaders and their teams. We are there to challenge and support in equal measure; to help strategically shape the future organisation to deliver the biggest possible performance outcomes.
The purpose of the role is to be an agile, connected and accountable partner to A Global Technical organisation responsible for Governance, Science & Technology, Innovation and Brand Change teams. This is done through enabling growth and performance by focusing on the five pillars of our Global HR Strategy: Continuous Learning, Disruptive Approach to Talent, Inclusion & Diversity, Speed, Focus & Simplicity & Fulfilling Employee Experiences..
Global Technical has the following key areas
- Governance will comprise Health and Safety, Quality, Risk and Assurance and Regulatory
- Brand Change & Innovation will have responsibility for Global Spirits, Mainstream Spirits, Beer and Non-alcoholic Beverages
- Science & Technology will have responsibility for ingredient, liquid and process development for beer and spirits
- Margin Enhancement will have the responsibility for maximising our operating profit across the supply chain.
- Third Party Partnering
In addition the Packaging functions of Prestige, Luxury, Brand Protection and Packaging Technologies and Packaging Raw Materials and Supplier Partnering sit as part of the Technical Leadership Team.
In this position you will be part of the Global Technical Leadership Team.
This role operates across the full end to end function in Europe, LAC, and Asia. It is critical that the incumbent can navigate the matrix organisation, lead through others, build strong relationships and influence within all levels of the business. The position will work closely with local Market HR teams, Talent Engagement, Reward and Shared Services across the globe. Operating over multiple time zones is critical so a high degree of flexibility as to how and work is done is critical.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
In this role you will bring alive the Diageo people strategy outcomes at scale through a combination of the following accountabilities:
- Partner with the Global Technical leadership teams to build and deliver ambitious and disruptive talent plans grounded in the strategy, which includes robust succession planning to future proof the business, resourcing for our biggest opportunities at pace, strong proactive pipeline of talent, and creating exciting accelerated career path for people which accelerates their development. This will include ongoing collaboration with the global Functions HR BPs and HR BPs in other markets.
- Lead the Organisation Effectiveness agenda grounded in the functional strategy, by leveraging data and analystics creating possibilities that results in high performing and game changing performance, delivers cost efficiencies and injects the right reinvestments. The role provides change leadership across the organization by pulling the levers of across capability, process, ways of working, culture and leadership to deliver the outcomes for the business.
- Drive inclusion and diversity agenda bespoke to each function across all HR levers (talent, reward, culture, learning, etc) that creates an inclusive culture where each employee feel valued for their uniqueness and are able to maximize their impact.
- Build high performing teams, coaching line managers to create an agile, stretching and focused performance culture to enables outstanding performance and fulfilling employee experiences collaborating with HR shared service teams and our Centres of Excellence.
- Instill a continuous learning culture throughout the organisation ensuring employees have access to stretching experiences and great learning content that fuels constant growth in their capabilities and our business performance.
- Experience working across multiple countries/geographies/cultures
- Thought leadership to the development of the Organisation and People Strategy into the function across all strategic levers
- Look past the financial year on how to bring the future forward
- Frame people outcomes in a strategy & creates impact at scale in the function
- Create new opportunities and ways forward through diverse inputs
- External intelligence on the function and bring this into the organisation to inform plans
- Ability to understand and drive insights from HR data, analysing to measure impacts, assess OE plans, diagnose trends and link to business performance outcomes
- Collaborate and influence across a variety of stakeholders at all levels, resulting in strong and positive outcomes
- Build and maintain genuine relationships based on mutual trust and respect
- Excel when dealing with ambiguity, complexity and working within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and matrixed environment
- Deep personal accountability for great performance
- Look beyond functional priorities to contribute to the overall Diageo Supply Chain and Procurement HR function
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.