Part time Company Secretary, 1-2 days per week
- Contract Type
We are working with a technology company in the Cambridge area to recruit a Company Secretary on a part-time basis.
The overall purpose of the role is to assist the Head of Finance with Company Secretarial duties and be present at Board Meetings, Audit Committee Meetings and Remuneration Committee Meetings.
Responsibilities will include:
- Arranging Board Meetings.
- Collating and issuing Board reporting packs (based on individual reports prepared by senior management)
- Acting as a focal point for queries and information requests from directors and shareholders.
- Drafting statutory minutes and resolutions (e.g. for share allotments, share transfers etc.) in advance of Board Meetings as required.
- Attending Board and Committee meetings, taking minutes.
- Making statutory filings on behalf of the company.
- Monitoring deadlines to ensure filing compliance.
- Maintaining UK statutory books – including registers of members and directors.
- Liaising with external advisers to ensure that overseas subsidiary filing requirements are met.
- Managing shareholder reporting requirements.
- Processing requests for share transfers in line with the company's articles of association.
- Maintaining and updating risk registers.
- Assisting in the development of risk management processes.
- You are a qualified Company Secretary or a qualified Lawyer with Company Secretary experience.
- You are able to deal effectively and operate confidently at Board level and have experience taking minutes.
- Experience of dealing with overseas subsidiaries would be an advantage
This is a truly flexible opportunity to add real value to a growing organisation.
Flexibility: 1-2 days per week, office based
Salary: up to £80k FTE
Recruiter contact: Jennifer Brooks