Reserve Account Executive, Open to flexibility
Reserve Account Executive Premium MRG London, Reserve GB, Open to flexibility
Travel requirements: Regional and some national travel required
Diageo Reserve Brands houses the luxury spirits portfolio- a prestigious collection of brands with outstanding liquid credentials, craft and heritage: Johnnie Walker Super Deluxe whiskies (Johnnie Walker Blue Label, Johnnie Walker Gold Reserve), CIROC vodka, Ketel One Vodka, Bulleit Bourbon, Don Julio Tequila, Zacapa Rum and Tanqueray 10 Gin.
Our portfolio has been a significant driver of growth for the Diageo business over the past 5 years. It has doubled in size in the past 3 years, and tripled in the past 5 years. The growth has come from all parts of the brand portfolio, from gin, vodka and whisky, and from both the On and Off trade Channels. The presence of these brands in the influential on trade accounts in the key cities of London, Manchester, Glasgow and Edinburgh has been a driver of this growth, as has the increased distribution and marketing spend designed to appeal to the GB consumer who increasingly wants to choose a premium spirit when socialising out with friends and at home.
As a Reserve Account Executive in the highly influential top-end On-Trade MRGs, which is the heartland of the premium spirits world, you will play a crucial role in building the status, equity and rate of sale of our brands through delivery of brand objectives. You will be responsible for identifying and targeting the right outlets, where our brands can thrive in, and target the right occasions depending on the type of outlets.
Top 3 functional capabilities
Highly connected with the Reserve environment and the top MRG universe:
- Deep understanding of what is important to Premium MRGs customers and use this insight to drive the creation and execution of a clear and powerful commercial plan.
- Has their finger on the pulse of what is happening on the ground: has brilliant relationships with key influencers in the industry and RTM
- Is well connected in the top end of the on trade, and able to quickly spot the opportunities.
- Category Knowledge across Spirits and TBA with particular experience in process, ingredients, & provenance.
- Passion for super premium brands, our customers & our consumers.
- Wealth of spirits knowledge, global cocktail trends and be able to create scalable solutions to these
Relationship management with external and internal stakeholders:
- Skilled in developing customer and stakeholder commitment, negotiating for win-win outcomes with a diverse range of variables.
- Operates proactively - and where necessary reactively - in order to beat the competition.
- Understanding of where and how to target trade investment to maximise ROI whilst delivering for our customers.
- Effectively balances short and long term performance goals in planning, execution and evaluation of activity.
- Essential qualifications / knowledge / experience / languages required Confidential
- A strong and broad track record in Commercial with experience of leading strategic planning with customers and P&L accountability
- Has looked after large groups in the past (15+ outlets)
- Highly skilled in fostering commitment through advance negotiation skills, resolving conflict and creating collaborative relationships.
- In depth understanding of distributors, key customers and competitors: their businesses and their shoppers/drinkers.
- Able to use category data (i.e. CGA) and insights to pull relevant information and build into a compelling customer proposition
- Able to coach of both functional and leadership capability development in commercial leaders.