Associate HR Business Partner, Open to flexible working
An outstanding opportunity is available for a talented individual to join the R&D HR team as an Associate HR Business Partner. This is a critical global role as it provides HR Business Partnering for Medicinal Science and Technology (MST). MST is central to the delivery of the R&D strategy.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to support and lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include:
- Leading and Delivering Change: Understand current and future needs of the business. Use data and systemic thinking to diagnose key opportunities for change. Formulate integrated solutions designed to help employees embrace and embed change, while achieving the desired business outcomes. Drive the effective delivery of diverse change projects (i.e. complex and global change projects, workforce restructuring, etc.) in support of the business's strategic agenda. Champion and influence senior leaders to effectively lead change.
- Business Acumen: Apply knowledge and insights on the internal and external business environment in the context of HR activity to improve business performance. Leverage understanding of the bottom-line impact of HR initiatives to prioritises on the basis of strategic impact, cost, risk, and short vs. long term trade-offs. Identify issues and opportunities for business improvements in a people context.
- Culture Development: Coach and influence leaders to develop and enhance engagement strategies tied to business and cultural priorities. Develop leaders' capability to understand how they impact and shift the culture. Ensure they are creating a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Organisational Design and Development: Partner with the business to identify opportunities within their lines to improve organization effectiveness. Use data and analytics to understand the business, identify opportunities for improvement, assess potential solutions and monitor achievement of benefits.
- Workforce and Strategic Capability Planning: Apply business insight to diagnose present and future capability gaps. Support the development and implementation of optimal workforce plans focused on key strategic capabilities required to drive the business.
- Succession planning and Talent Management: Coach leaders to identify, manage and retain a strong talent pipeline. Coach and challenge Sr. leaders to embed best practices and effective succession planning processes. Align succession planning and talent management to the overall workforce strategy. Improve leaders' ability to develop employees to reach their full potential regardless of background or differences.
- HR Governance and Risk Management: Apply knowledge of operating principles and policies to HR activity to ensure risks are mitigated. Manage escalations and support the business to create a positive employee environment. Escalate appropriately and partner with the Employee Response Center to resolve high risk issues and implement strategies to reduce such issues. Ensure inappropriate behaviours are dealt with in a direct, challenging and tough-minded manner.
- Reward and Retention Strategy: In partnership with Reward experts, apply business acumen and sound judgement within the context of GSK reward strategy to develop and deliver plans which enable the delivery of business priorities. Coach and influence senior leaders to differentiate and reward individuals commensurate with their value and contributions to the business.
- University/college Diploma or Degree (Human Resources, Business) with demonstrable experience in a HR role with business partnering experience
- Strong HR Generalist experience
- Experience in and strong understanding of the global consultation landscape and process
- Hands-on experience with supporting country level transformation changes
- Experience coaching others to deliver complex cultural change agendas
- Experience delivering interventions across a range of HR activities including leadership development, talent management, building high performing teams, capability builds and performance management
- Ability to leverage data and analytics to draw insights and recommend actions
- Experience recruiting, onboarding, coaching and counseling senior leaders
- Prior experience in a large, complex organisation
- Ability to work in a highly complex and matrix landscape, involving diverse cultures and different geographies
- Skilled in process excellence and passion for continuous improvement
- Strong decision making based upon sound flexible thinking and calculated risk
- Able to take responsibility to deliver against demanding projects or initiatives to meet criteria of time, cost, quality and performance
- Excellent communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Strong project management skills
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong collaborative relationships, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.