Business Development Representative - EU, flexible hours, open to some home working
ECi Software Solutions is a global company specialising in software and technology solutions and services for a diverse group of entrepreneurs in the manufacturing, field and IT services, and distribution vertical markets. We are proud to help independent businesses compete, grow, and profit, and look forward to making their operations better than they were the day before.
As a Business Development Representative with ECI, you are responsible for prospecting, qualifying and generating new sales leads to support the Regional Sales teams. This individual will be a highly motivated self-starter, able to identify and develop new business prospects from outbound calling and other sources, including, but not limited to prospect lists, and individual research. A dynamic personality with a drive to reach decision makers is essential! You will be responsible for calling into small and mid-sized businesses that are involved in the manufacturing and Office Equipment Industry.
Whether you are seeking to take your first step into a career in a sales environment, or have field-sales experience but now seeking to be office-based, this role could be a perfect stepping stone to further your career.
You’ll feed leads to one or more Sales Consultants throughout the UK and Ireland who will be responsible for closing the deal. Based in our St Ives location and reporting to the Sales Director, EU.
Background, Skills and Experience
- You will be used to working towards and capable of meeting agreed sales targets and goals.
- Phone based sales experience within a B2B environment gives you a distinct advantage.
- Previous experience within a sales environment is desirable however not essential.
- Feel comfortable in a highly pressured environment i.e. with making numerous cold calls per day.
- Outstanding telephone communication skills, including innovative ways of getting past the ‘gatekeeper’
- Perseverance and self-motivation to take the sales process from start to finish and where “NO” really means - Next Opportunity
- Superb communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong organisational abilities including good time management skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and equally be able to self-motivate and work alone
- Capable of multitasking and adaptable to change
- A strong desire to achieve
Required experience and knowledge
- 1-3 years telemarketing and/or inside sales role is preferred. ECi sales training will be offered to the right candidate, regardless of any prior experience.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed determined sales and activity quotas
- Experience in the software industry is preferred, but not essential
- Proficient in MS Office products (Excel, Word, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint)
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM Software preferred.
We are a people-first company. Even though we develop, sell, install and service software, ECi offers a full spectrum of employment opportunities.
Our main European head office is in Lincoln, with additional offices located in St Ives, near Cambridge and Amsterdam where we are looking to hire the most talented people to help us serve our customers.
Benefits & Perks
Our benefits are tailored to our flexible working culture and we emphasise work/life balance
- Private Healthcare
- Life Insurance
- Corp Gym Membership
- Cycle to Work
- Tech Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Competitive Pay & Leave Entitlement
- Refer a friend scheme
- Career Development
- Informal Work Environment
- Monthly Social Events
- Recognition-based Culture
It’s easier to work with friends! We foster employee interaction through an emphasis on peer-to-peer recognition, public encouragement of each other, collaborative work teams, quarterly meetings and fun events and most importantly, we live by the CODE. Our values
C - Crave Greatness
Deliver innovative solutions for our customers before they need them. Set high goals and help create the future.
O - Own the Outcome
Push boundaries in thoughts and action, make the call and be accountable. Always maintain perspective even on the toughest days.
D - Deliver Awesome
Pursue quality in everything we do. Make this day better for customers, partners, and our co-workers. We must love what we do.
E - Embrace Community
Care for each other. Seek to improve the quality of our team, our community, and our lives. Passion and determination are contagious.
If you would like to join our team, please send your CV and cover letter via the application section below: