Marketing Effectiveness Analyst - Global Insight Lead, Open to flexible working & homeworking
Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose - Celebrating life, every day, everywhere - has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
Over the last 5 years, Diageo has invested in developing and launching a cutting edge Marketing Effectiveness capability known as Marketing Catalyst. The goal is to enable every marketer in the business to measure and optimise the performance of every pound of their marketing budget.
Globally, Diageo is targeting delivery of an incremental amount of profit growth per annum from improvements to the performance of its marketing programmes. Core to delivering this will be continued enhancement and application of our Catalyst platform, combined with an ongoing focus on training and capability development across our global marketing organisation.
The Global Marketing Effectiveness team is the specialist group that leads this programme, awarded by both the IPA in Europe, and ANA in North America in 2018 for its pioneering work on marketing effectiveness. Based centrally within the Diageo organisation, they are responsible both for managing and enhancing our marketing effectiveness technology platforms and partnering closely with every one of Diageo's 'in-country' subsidiaries to drive application of this technology whilst building local capability and culture to deliver higher performing marketing every day.
The team is organised regionally, with assignments in each of the following areas:
- Senior Marketing Effectiveness Managers - Regional responsibility
- Marketing Effectiveness Analysts - Market responsibility
- Marketing Effectiveness Analyst - Global Insights lead
The Marketing Effectiveness Analyst - Global Insights lead will have two key roles to play within the team. Firstly, they will be the leading expert user of our Marketing Effectiveness technology platforms, underlying marketing effectiveness analytics and associated capability programme. The purpose is to support in-market and GBT brand marketers across the business in extracting the maximum value from the systems (and underlying analytics) in their day-to-day jobs, driving increased ROI from marketing. Secondly, the role holder will need to provide ad hoc analysis and reports on Marketing Effectiveness performance to the Marketing Effectiveness Director, Global Head of Consumer Planning and the Global Marketing Leadership Team.
Purpose of Role:
The role exists to create a virtuous culture of Marketing Performance, Measurement & Evaluation in Diageo, to increase the impact of our investment in A&P.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities:
- Be the leading functional expert in Diageo on the "Diageo way of doing M&E", including the systems, processes, metrics and decision making considerations.
- Provide high quality, ad hoc analytical support on marketing effectiveness to the Marketing Effectiveness Director, Global Head of Consumer Planning and wider MLT.
- Work with colleagues in the Marketing Effectiveness team to synthesise key learnings and insights into marketing performance and ensure they are fed back to key decision makers effectively.
- Continuously and actively seek out further enhancements of Diageo's marketing effectiveness capability to unlock further value.
Financial: In-direct responsibility for ensuring the delivery of the share of the marketing effectiveness profit target through world class analytics and capabilities. The role holder is also responsible for the working effectively with key external partners. Budgets and expenditure with these partners will need to be managed by the role holder.
Business Complexity: This is a complex role requiring advanced problem solving and influencing skills. The role holder will have to work across ~40 different countries simultaneously to support implementation of a common solution at scale and manage the associated cultural change.
Leadership Responsibilities: This role carries the responsibility of being a leading subject matter expert for Diageo on marketing effectiveness. The success of a leader in this role hinges on their ability to drive action from a large and complex organisation of hundreds of marketers to spend their money differently.
- Minimum Bachelors degree level education, preferably in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer or Physical Sciences.
- Proven experience in similar consumer marketing organisations and/or marketing effectiveness consultancies and/or econometric modelling agencies and/or top-tier management consultancies - reaching at least Associate/Senior analyst level.
- Experience applying statistical analysis techniques to various business problems is required (e.g. econometric analysis, forecasting / response curves, elasticity modelling, benchmarking), as role will involving managing and quality controlling third party analytics providers.
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills are critical.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo's purpose of "celebrating life every day everywhere". This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings. Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don't let anything stop you from applying.
Character Is Everything!