Adult & Industry Programmes Manager, Part time or Full time
6 days left
- Contract Type
Adult & Industry Programmes Manager, Part time or Full time
Location: London – Clapham
Salary: £32,000 - £40,000 FTE dependent on skills and experience.
Part-time or full-time available for the right person (3 to 5 days/week). Please indicate your preference.
Additional benefits include 10% non-contributory pension, 25 days holiday, bank holidays (both pro rata), plus 3 further discretionary days between Christmas and New Year when the office normally closes. Flexible annual leave available.
The Money Charity is the national financial capability charity which helps people across the UK stay on top of their money to help them live happier and more positive lives as a result.
A core part of the charity’s offering works to help adults build the skills, knowledge, attitudes and behaviours to manage their money well. This includes the delivery of money management workshops in community settings and workplaces. In addition the charity produces printed and digital tools and materials to help everyone make the most of their money throughout life. The charity also works with the financial services industry to improve practices, both from a preventative financial capability perspective and when things go wrong.
We are looking to recruit to this exciting role, which will lead on the charity’s work with adults and the industry. The Adult & Industry Programmes Manager will report directly to the Chief Executive and will manage the adult team. The role is crucial to the success of the charity and the applicant will hold responsibility for development and management of all aspects of our adult & industry work, in particular growing and marketing this area of our work. This includes day to day responsibility for staff, relationships and budgets for our existing programmes and projects, as well as the opportunity to lead on creating new and exciting ways to reach many more adults.
The right person for this role will need to be able to hit the ground running. They will have significant experience on financial capability, financial inclusion or debt advice. They will relish the opportunity to lead and develop further this crucial part of our work. They will need strong development skills, including experience of generating new income streams, developing new products and services and of designing and managing projects from start to finish. They will need to be able to take charge of their own workload and that of their small team. The successful candidate will be an advocate for the ethos and culture of the organisation and will be willing to do what is required in order to achieve our strategic vision.
This is an exciting and varied role - which will provide an excellent opportunity for the applicant to work within an innovative team and charity and will provide the chance to really make an impact. We hope over time that the successful applicant will develop and increase this area of our work, so development and growth is a key focus. This means that there is potential for this role to become part of our Senior Management Team, and for a change in title to reflect this.
- Leading on and developing the charity’s adult strategy, policy and project operations;
- Leading on and developing the charity’s industry strategy and consultancy work;
- Responsible for the products and personnel involved with The Money Charity’s work with adults and the industry;
- Responsible for the development of our adult and industry work as set out in our strategic plan, which will include managing change, securing new funding and the development and implementation of new programmes;
- Developing and maintaining budgets and operational plans to support programmes;
- Managing key relationships with funders and partners;
- Delivering, designing and facilitating training;
- Working towards the charity’s strategic aims;
- Representing The Money Charity at events and meetings as necessary;
- Staying informed of new research and policy in the areas of financial capability, personal finance, and debt, and highlighting key developments to other staff members when relevant;
- Taking responsibility for other relevant pieces of work as appropriate;
- Participating in the corporate life of The Money Charity;
- Taking initiative to help the charity expand and develop.
- Significant experience in at least one (and preferably more) of the following sectors: financial capability, financial inclusion, debt advice;
- A good understanding of issues relating to money management and personal finance;
- Experience of managing projects and staff;
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and relationship management skills;
- Confident at presenting and representing the charity in a variety of guises;
- Excellent organisational skills - able to manage own workload effectively and work under pressure;
- Ability to self-motivate and take initiative to deliver tasks;
- Ability to be bold, creative and confident with developing and implementing ideas and strategies;
- A flexible approach to work - able to respond to additional requirements which may be required;
- Ability to work with a team;
- Educated to degree level.
- Experience of developing and delivering training;
- Experience of working with a range of community groups, including the more vulnerable;
- Passionate about the cause; keen to work with people and empower them to be financially capable.
- A positive and credible attitude to own money/financial capability.
Closing date: 26th August 2017
To apply for the role, please email a CV and covering letter explaining how you are suitable for this role, in particular how you meet the essential & desirable requirements and why you want this role. Please indicate your availability and preference for 3, 4 or 5 days per week.
Due to the high number of expected applicants we will not be able to contact those who we do not shortlist.
Apply for Adult & Industry Programmes Manager, Part time or Full time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly