Sales & Marketing Account Manager - Part-time
Sales & Marketing Account Manager, Part-time
Travel & Tourism
Recruiting for two new positions, we are looking for experienced, confident, creative individuals to join our expanding travel representation company in Teddington.
Worldwide Attractions is a specialist B2B travel trade and tourism sales and marketing representation company. Our clients are USA and European sightseeing and tourism service providers, destinations and hotels. We are passionate in our commitment to providing the very best and most productive travel trade representation service and successful in achieving exceptional sales results for our clients.
Established in 2003 and proud of our excellent reputation within the travel industry, these roles offers considerable flexibility alongside the opportunity to enhance and develop an already established sales and/or marketing career. We are a close-knit team, who all benefit from a very supportive sales environment and most importantly, strive to ensure we enjoy every minute of our working day. Having successfully completed a few years in the role there is the opportunity to be considered for promotion to Account Director, developing your own team and client base.
During training, for the first couple of months, you will be based in our friendly home office in the Teddington or Hampton area. After this initial period you will work at home, with one day a week in the office.
Please ensure to read full description including essential application questions.
One position is 14 hours per week, preferably working on a Monday, Tuesday & Thursday.
The other position is 17.5 hours per week, preferably working on a Tuesday, Thursday & Friday.
1. To increase sales for your clients - primarily from the travel trade but also through other sales channels by:
- Developing, maintaining and enhancing all existing trade contracts
- Establishing new trade contracts
- Maximising all purchasing and promotional opportunities within such contracts
- Targeting and increasing the product knowledge of key trade buyers and sales teams and where appropriate providing training
- Researching and establishing other sales opportunities for your clients.
2. To maintain excellent client communication: phone and email contact plus formal written progress reports.
3. Some UK travel and very occasional (likely to be once or twice a year) international travel is required, scheduled around your availability.
- Excellent command of the English language (both verbal and written)
- An experienced, ambitious, confident, target-driven and creative sales person
- An outgoing, enthusiastic and optimistic character
- A confident user of Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Commercially aware and analytical
- Self-discipline, self-motivation and flexibility
SALARY: £16 per hour + discretionary bonus of extra 4 weeks salary, equivalent to £36,160 pro rata
START DATE: September 2017 subject to candidates’ availability.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please answer the following questions and email your replies in the same document as your CV. Please edit your CV to include responses on the final pages of your CV.
- Why would you like to work for us?
- Describe what “selling” means to you and how much you enjoy it.
- Please outline how you would go about selling 360 Chicago to the product manager of a UK tour-operator. No more than half of one A4 page please.
- Please provide details of any language skills that you possess.
- Do you have knowledge of the USA and/or France, Germany or Austria? Please provide details.
- Describe your personality.
- What experience and level of contacts do you have in the travel industry?
- What was your last annual gross salary?
- Why are you interested in applying for a part-time position?
- Are there hours or days of the working week that you would be unavailable to work?
- Where do you live? How would you travel from your home to our office in Teddington and how long would this take?
Thank you. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please no agencies.
Please no phone calls, postal or in person applications – email only.