Senior Specialist, Metabolic Modelling, Open to flexible working
Are you energized by the challenge of shaping and accelerating the scientific expertise of a biology program? If so, this r opportunity could be an exciting opportunity to consider.
The person is expected to provide mathematical modelling support for drug substance process development, with a focus on metabolic modelling and systems biology, driving the transformation of drug substance towards in-silico process development.
- Drives the transformation of drug substance development towards in-silico process design relying on mathematical modelling tools such as metabolic modelling, systems biology, hybrid modelling, process modelling;
- Proactively implements modelling techniques into vaccine projects for faster and improved process development, process scale-up, process evaluation and process understanding activities;
- Influence scientists of development units towards an increased use of in-silico models driving value:
- Participate to the development, implementation and maintenance of hybrid models in the digital twin projects;
- Responsible for the organisation and the follow-up of external collaborations with third parties in the field increasing the workforce;
- Writes experimental procedures and scientific reports, prepares and presents scientific data,
defend scientific and technical decisions at the appropriate technical board;
- Makes sound scientific and technical decisions based on a balance of data, analysis and experience;
- Ensures proactive scientific/technology watch within his expertise, including externally;
- Provides scientific and technical leadership in his/her own area of expertise and spread knowledge across the whole organization, also supporting other vaccines projects or other departments upon needs;
- Collaborate with the IT department to ensure fit-for-purpose and state-of-the-art systems are being put in place for high performance computing and massive data handling;
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Degree in biological engineering, bioengineer, mathematics, computer science or related field
- Min 2 years experience in metabolic modelling / systems biology applied to the biopharma industry;
- Proficiency in English
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- PhD in Mathematics or Biology
- Experience with more advanced analytical techniques in biology
- Proven track records influencing scientists towards the use of novel methods;
- Proven track records turning ideas and innovation into products;
- Must have the ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment and communicate effectively
- Optimistic mindset
- Customer oriented
- Influencing skills
- Easy social networking/ interfacing
- Experience supporting analytical demands from Discovery with new research strategies
- Experience improving project throughput by triaging requests
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
GSK Vaccines- Our Vaccines business is one of the largest in the world, developing, producing and distributing over 2.5 million vaccines every day to people across 170 countries.
Patient-focused Research and Development (R&D) is the heart of our business. GSK has a strong history and expertise in vaccines, and we are staying at the forefront of innovation in this field.
For many years, vaccines have been used mainly to prevent diseases caused by infections, mostly in infants and children. Today, we are focused on developing vaccines for all stages of life, and we believe vaccines can also be used successfully to treat diseases and be therapeutic.
These innovation trends have a strong impact on what we do in Research and Development. We take the best science, with the most impactful technologies and combine it with our GSK culture. Next to our existing portfolio of prophylactic vaccines and moving into the field of therapeutic vaccines, our R&D programme focuses on vaccines for diseases such as RSV, COPD and Meningitis. Another part of R&D targets diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including the World Health Organisation's priority diseases - tuberculosis and malaria.
If you have a disability and require assistance during the course of the selection process, you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require in order to make suitable arrangements.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.