Accountant, Part time 4-5 days/wk
Accountant, Part time
Hours: 20+ hrs/week, over 4-5 days on a flexible basis
The guiding principle behind Vitra is to design innovative products and concepts with major designers. Developed in Switzerland, these products are widely distributed globally. Architects, businesses and private users use them to create inspiring work and living spaces as well as sales areas, public areas and stores.
The furniture classics of Vitra are part of the groundbreaking design of the 20th century. Today, the company combines its technical and conceptual know-how with the creativity of contemporary designers, in order to explore the boundaries of design and constantly expand them.
Vitra, a family-run company for 80 years, maintains long-term relationships with customers, employees and designers and stands for long-lasting products, sustainable growth and the power of good design.
We have a vacancy for a permanent part-time accountant, 20+ hrs per week over 4-5 days on a flexible basis.
Taking responsibility for some key aspects of the routine accounting of Vitra Ltd, your duties will include:
- monthly reporting, local and to Group
- variance analysis, operating costs
- general ledger bookings and reconciliations
- accruals and prepayments, fixed assets
- VAT, Intrastats and EC Sales returns
- customer reconciliations, invoicing and credit control
- assistance with accounts payable
- assistance with annual and midterm planning and budgets
- ad hoc projects.
We are looking for a service minded, self motivated team player that is committed and has a positive attitude. The successful candidate must have:
- a minimum of three years general accounting experience and be part-qualified
- good numeracy, IT and communication skills
- an eye for detail
- a flexible attitude
High level of Excel essential. Familiarity with large company ERP systems, such as SAP, would be an advantage, but is not essential.
In return Vitra can offer a competitive salary and benefits package and an inspiring working environment in Clerkenwell, EC1.
To apply, please submit your CV along with your covering letter via the below method identifying why you are suitable for the role via the application method below.