Head of Group Tax Reporting & UK Tax Compliance, Open to flexible working
Are you an exceptional, qualified Tax leader looking for an opportunity to join a global organisation with real purpose? We have a unique opportunity for a Head of Group Tax Reporting & UK Tax Compliance to join the newly appointed Head of Tax for Consumer Healthcare in building a new market leading tax team and to shape the tax strategy of the Consumer Healthcare (CH) Group.
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. In late 2018, we announced the creation of a new Consumer Healthcare joint venture and a plan to separate GSK. We now have an exciting one-time opportunity to create two, new leading companies, each with the ability to improve the health of hundreds of millions of people:
- a new GSK - a leading biopharma company with an R&D approach focused on science related to the immune system, use of genetics and new technologies, and with a portfolio of medicines and vaccines in areas including HIV and other infectious diseases, Respiratory and Oncology.
- and a new leader in Consumer Healthcare, with category leading power brands and innovation based on science and consumer insights.
Reporting the group's tax balances in a controlled and reliable manner is the critical deliverable of the Consumer Healthcare Tax team. This high profile role offers a unique opportunity to be responsible for the external reporting of Consumer tax balances during the period of separation from GSK to the point where it will be required to report stand alone group balances to the market for the second half of 2022 and to build the compliance and reporting function from scratch. The individual will need to get quickly up to speed with GSK systems and processes prior to separation and then will be responsible for making them fit for purpose for a new consumer healthcare group.
The role is also responsible for all Corporation Tax compliance activities in the UK including Tax Compliance, Tax within the statutory accounts, quarterly installment payments and being the primary contact for the Customer Relationship Manager at HMRC.
- Group Reporting - management of the monthly, quarterly and annual tax numbers. This will include significant interaction with senior stakeholders within the group, such as the CFO, Head of Tax and Group Financial Controller as well external stakeholders such as Audit partners. The individual will be responsible for directing the end-to-end process of reporting tax balances including working with the Global Tax team around the world, outsource providers, Close and Control Hubs and In-Country Finance teams to deliver balances in a timely and accurate manner.
- Group Forecasting - forecasting ETR and cash tax of the group. This requires considerable insight into the understanding of the business and how the changing product mix and tax landscape will combine across the world to result in the overall blended group effective tax rate.
- Lead delivery of UK compliance process including managing EY's delivery of the compliance contract and the internal GSK team. This is a critical deliverable for Global Tax.
- Lead engagement with HMRC, which will include building an open and transparent relationship with a newly allocated CCM post separation.
- Advising on the tax accounting implications of M&A activity - The Group is generally active in the M&A space. A key element of this role will be to support the Corporate Development team and M&A Tax Manager on the implications, from a tax accounting perspective, of various M&A projects including providing input into board papers.
- Country by Country Reporting and Tax transparency - The role will require the individual to work as part of the Tax Leadership Team to develop the Tax Strategy pertaining to tax transparency and ensuring that the information is available to meet the obligations of Consumer Healthcare in this regard.
Knowledge/ Education / Previous Experience Required
- Strong accounting and tax background (ACA or equivalent) - a minimum of 10 years PQE experience
- Deep technical expertise of ongoing changes in the tax environment (e.g. BEPS, CBCR, tax transparency)
- Ability to understand and utilise SAP accounting platforms
- Ability to work with large amounts of data and build robust and efficient Alteryx, Power BI or Excel reports
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) to be able to deal with senior stakeholders and finance contacts around the world
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, alongside the ability to challenge current thinking and implement process improvement
- Possess a high attention to detail, be resourceful, flexible and articulate.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.