Office and Premises Manager, part time 28 hours per week
The National Institute of Economic and Social Research is Britain’s oldest, and one of its most prestigious independent research institutes. We specialise in applied social and economic research, combining high academic standards with relevance to policy making. Our reputation for quality and independence, outstanding networks and unrivalled location at the heart of Westminster makes us the ideal base to build a national profile for academic or policy research that makes real impact.
We are seeking an 0.8 FTE Office and Premises Manager to join the Support Services team. Working closely with the Chief Financial Officer, the post holder will be responsible for the upkeep of the premises, including overseeing a program of remedial works. They will also manage the day-to-day running of the office, including reception, oversee our third-party IT provision and liaise with our data consultants to carry out some data protection activities. This role will be office-based and is for 28 hours per week.
The essential requirements we are looking for in the successful candidate are:
- Managing a programme of building work.
- Managing third-party providers to deliver high quality services and holding them to account for service provision.
- Running tender processes for new suppliers.
- Experience of taking responsibility and ownership for tasks and following through to completion.
- Excellent communication skills and working effectively with staff at all levels of an organisation.
- Managing roll-outs of new processes or procedures to staff.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety, fire and building safety requirements.
This role would also suit someone with a project management background, and we welcome those who can demonstrate transferable skills.
To apply for this role, please send full CV and a supporting statement of no more than 1500 words setting how you meet the essential requirements outlined above. Please number each point and address these one at a time to ensure that we are able to fully consider how your experience, skills and abilities meet the needs of the post. Please see the attached job description and person specification for full details of the role.
Please send your application via the method below.
Closing date for applications is 22nd April 2021.
Interviews will be held week commencing 5th May.
Apply for Office and Premises Manager, part time 28 hours per week
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly