Freelance Trainer, Part time
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Freelance/self employed
Freelance Trainer, Part time
Training programmes are delivered across London and the South East. MyBnk offices are in central London for meetings and interviews.
Interview Dates – London – 30th and 31st August
Duration: Minimum commitment - 12 months
Fees: Rate for two hour workshop £95, rate for full day workshop £160 - Rates are inclusive of travel within the M25
Closing Date: Thursday 24th August 2017 @ 12pm
Do you have a ‘wow’ factor in the classroom?
Can you engage and inspire young people?
Do you have a creative facilitation style that leaves a lasting impression?
Then being a MyBnk Freelance trainer might be for you…
Duties and responsibilities
You will be delivering MyBnk programmes to young people either aged 7-11 or 11-25 in schools and youth organisations across London. In so doing it is expected that you will:
- Deliver MyBnk programmes to an exceptionally high standard, meeting the MyBnk quality requirements and following the MyBnk Education Ethos.
- Commit to an initial training period of four days and additional home learning.
- Effectively engage learners with a delivery style that is clear, concise, energetic and relevant.
- Follow MyBnk processes regarding the sending back of monitoring and evaluation questionnaires, inputting feedback etc.
- Commit to updating your subject knowledge base and continuing your professional development becoming an expert in Financial and Enterprise Education.
- Become a part of the wider MyBnk team, actively participating in trainer forums and sharing good practice.
- Become a representative of MyBnk, upholding MyBnk’s mission, ethos and reputation.
- Provide honest and timely feedback on the programmes to the MyBnk team.
We are looking for energetic and engaging individuals with a genuine interest in social change, education and the empowerment of young people. You must:
- Have a unique and creative style of delivery, and ability to ‘wow’ young people, taking them on a memorable learning journey. Ability to think on your feet and embrace new ideas.
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience delivering participatory learning programmes to young people. Ideally you will have worked with different types of young people, varying in group size, age, background, ability and setting.
- Be educated to degree level, be a qualified teacher, or have an equivalent level of professional experience.
- Ideally have experience of delivering financial and/or enterprise education, as well as an understanding of these curriculum areas.
- Have a grasp on popular and youth culture.
- Be confident in delivering programmes to young people you’re meeting for the first time. This requires a strong presence, the ability to forge relationships quickly and effectively, and the confidence to use a variety of teaching techniques (e.g. drama, visuals, games).
- Have an understanding of the UK education landscape and national curricula, as well as youth services and youth opportunities at local authority level.
- Be willing to travel in London and the South East.
- Have a minimum A-C or equivalent Maths GCSE qualification.
Have a fluent command of English and have the right to live and work in the UK.
For further details please see Full Job Description below.
Please submit a CV and covering letter via the below method by mid-day on Thursday 24th August 2017.
MyBnk programmes can run between one and five hours, it is important to establish positive working relationships from the outset.
In your cover letter please describe two strategies you would use to achieve this with a group of young people you haven’t met before.
Apply for Freelance Trainer, Part time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly