E-Commerce Channel and Customer Development Manager, Open to flexible working
This role is part of the Global eCommerce Centre of Excellence (eCommerce COE) and sits within the Global Sales function. The Global Sales function is accountable for achieving ambitious growth and profitability aspirations and further driving the shift to a sell-out focused business. This is delivered via thought partnership on net revenue management, commercial planning, sales performance management, outlet execution standards and on and off trade activations and assets. In addition, Global Sales owns the sourcing, development and deployment of industry leading sales tools and technologies.
Purpose of Role
The eCommerce Channel and Customer Development Manager will have global responsibility for Diageo’s strategy of segmenting channels and customers based on shopper insights and occasions. The primary channels of focus include pure play marketplaces, e-grocery, and on-demand delivery. However, this role is also responsible for the identification of emerging channels and customers.
The outputs of the work will include portfolio and brand segmentation and recommended marketing support and activation to drive consumer engagement along the path to purchase for each channel. This role will be accountable for best practices in winning with global customers like Amazon, Rappi and multi-channel retailers in e-grocery like Walmart. The person in this role will operate from a deep understanding of channels, shoppers and customers and can influence the organization to prioritize and invest in the biggest opportunities.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Strong influencing skills and experience leading project teams and communities will be important in this global, leadership role.
- Understands shifts in consumer/shopper behaviours Set strategies to win share across each eCommerce channel Prioritize customers and deliver competitively advantaged playbooks to win
- Strong influence over budgets and priorities of markets, regions and functions including commercial, digital marketing and brand teams at global and local level – defining a clear roadmap of actions and investments required to deliver agreed upon KPIs
- Manage high level of complexity covering all markets, regions and functions. This role will require the ability to engage with each member of the Global and Regional Executives to craft detailed plans to deliver results. Ability to influence and drive consistency across Diageo markets and alignment with customers to drive mutual win wins
- Shape the evolution of eCommerce in Spirits and get ahead of disruption by understanding shifts in shopper behaviors and building world class partnerships with key players. Lead the strategic prioritization of investments across eCommerce channels and customers.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Graduate, preferable with +10 years of experience including leadership roles in a combination of developed, developing and emerging markets.
- A proven, innovative change agent who can effectively influence and inspire executive level leaders, the field organization, partners and customers in new ways of doing business.
- Experience with eCommerce and digital strategy.
- Experience in customer or commercial leadership in a large multinational organization.
- A highly collaborative leader with strong direct and indirect people experiences.
- Influence, consult and support local Business Units with their eCommerce strategies which might include launching sites and digital applications.
- Experience working with large multinational customers
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application.